Walmart stops selling AR15's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
....We have the right to own guns,just not any type gun.
That's what I think.

If I am a law abiding citizen, what difference does it make to you, or anyone else, what type of gun I own?

That's what I think.

The local stores have had Mini's and AR's in the past, but I haven't seen any in quite a while.

I expect they would sell them again if demand ramps up in a non controversial way. Then again, WM has become really PC of late - everyone here locally is incensed over the wholesale kicking to the curb of southern culture and legacy.

Their decision to stop selling them may in fact be totally PC, and completely unrelated to a lack of demand.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Who buys guns at WM anyway? It was kinda strange when the black rifles showed up there a couple of years ago, if they go away so what? The counter guys tell me since the craze died down they aren't selling any. Or 22s for that matter since you still can't buy ammo.

Might have to go see if the local WM is having the close outs.

Tons of people do. They buy ammo at WM also. Number one destination for guns and ammo in the US. Good morning.

I hope they will get into pistol business and regulate the market for consumers' benefit. I would love to be able to order online and pick up in store and not pay a penny for background checks. WM, please get into the business of selling pistols fast. Price match rocks too.

You have to pay for the background check? We don't pay here.

Yes, $35 and up for pistols.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Who buys guns at WM anyway? It was kinda strange when the black rifles showed up there a couple of years ago, if they go away so what? The counter guys tell me since the craze died down they aren't selling any. Or 22s for that matter since you still can't buy ammo.

Might have to go see if the local WM is having the close outs.

Tons of people do. They buy ammo at WM also. Number one destination for guns and ammo in the US. Good morning.

I hope they will get into pistol business and regulate the market for consumers' benefit. I would love to be able to order online and pick up in store and not pay a penny for background checks. WM, please get into the business of selling pistols fast. Price match rocks too.

You have to pay for the background check? We don't pay here.

Yes, $35 and up for pistols.

Wow. Glad I live where I do and that it doesn't cost.

Last edited:
I don't think the general public should have access to any weapon just because the military or police have them.
There are plenty of guns for hunting and self defense available.
The military has missiles and bombs so I want these too.
And anything the police have should be for sale to the public.
If you say the answer is yes,then I feel sorry for you.

As far as the prices of AR-15s go, I don't believe WM's discontinuation of their sale will have any significant effect. There are a very large number of places that sell firearms based on the AR platform, and WalMart wasn't a major player in this arena, in my opinion.

I don't think the general public should have access to any weapon just because the military or police have them.

re: your first line -- i'll give you a laugh. two or three days back, I heard on the Detroit morning news that the lawmakers were talking about banning flamethrowers.i guess that they considered them dangerous, since they could throw flames 30 ft.i didn't hear the entire story, but I almost spit up my coffee when I heard this.

I don't see a problem here. sounds like an ideal weapon for home defense.who needs ar-15's, shotguns, or pistols?
I can see the marketers pushing the next great home defense weapon --a flamethrower in every home. or, never leave home without one.
at any rate, I thought I would give you a laugh.have a good night.

That's funny and scary at the same time.
I didn't know flamethrowers were legal.
I have one for you.
This week a guy tried to rob a Pizza Hut with a lighter and a propane tank.
He walked in with the tank in one hand and a lighter in the other and demanded money or he was going to blow it up.
I don't think he figured out how to do that without getting hurt,but needless to say the cops got him down the road.
He did get some money from the store though.

They got his girlfriend too.

That's funny and scary at the same time.
I didn't know flamethrowers were legal.
I have one for you.
This week a guy tried to rob a Pizza Hut with a lighter and a propane tank.
He walked in with the tank in one hand and a lighter in the other and demanded money or he was going to blow it up.
I don't think he figured out how to do that without getting hurt,but needless to say the cops got him down the road.
He did get some money from the store though.

They got his girlfriend too.

Hmmm. This kind of proves that guns arent the problem doesnt it?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Guns have never been the problem. Keeping them out of the hands of muppets who are too stupid to own/use them is the problem. No different to cars, hammers, lighters... the list is endless. The problem with guns is the attitude that everyone has the right to one.

Some people just should not be allowed near them.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C

Guns have never been the problem. Keeping them out of the hands of muppets who are too stupid to own/use them is the problem. No different to cars, hammers, lighters... the list is endless. The problem with guns is the attitude that everyone has the right to one.

You'd be amazed by the number of people here who feel guns are the problem.. as if they have the ability to think on their own or something?

Making the sale illegal does not prevent them from being obtained by parties enthusiastic enough to do so.
Level the field so anyone legally can.

Yes, you do not pay sales tax in NH either. That is nice.

I feel sorrier for you.

I own a 1982 Rugar 10-22 with a scope and it comes standard in an 18" barrel. (came that way new). Its been in production for 50+ years. I can put a 25 round mag on it and can consistently put rounds in a 1/2" group at 50 yards. Maybe its not scary looking enough to ban? Fortunately you your opinion carries no weight.

What part of Austin do you live in?

That's not what I said.

The police and military have semiautomatic handguns, and rifles because they're effective weapons.

Full auto weapons were restricted, severely restricted, in 1932. They were fully outlawed in 1986. Along with destructive devices, like bombs, and rockets. So, no, I'm not arguing for them.

But for a person's defense, it's unreasonable to restrict them from having a weapon, like a Glock, or a carbine, that is effective in their situation. The cops and military use similar weapons because they work, they are effective.

What restrictions are you proposing? Private citizens can only have flintlocks, or wooden bows, or tomahawks because that's what was available when the Constitution was written?

Denying people the means by which they exercise a right denies them the right itself. This has been settled over and over again in the courts with respect to speech, voting a and other Constitutional rights...but it's conveniently forgotten when it comes to the Second Amendment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Last I checked,shotguns and pistols had more than 1 shot in them.
I don't sit around in my recliner dressed up like Dog the Bounty Hunter thinking I am going to be invaded,so I feel no need to own any military type weapon. These guns are not for hunting or target shooting unless you just want to make noise. We have the right to own guns,just not any type gun.
That's what I think.

Please describe, in detail, EXACTLY how an AR15 and a Ruger Ranch in .223 Remington are functionally different. Be specific.

This still remains unanswered. Ignoring the question doesn't make it go away.

But the issue here is you don't like the AR15 because of how it looks and because of the looks you somehow are making it out to be something it is not. Other than cosmetics the gun is no different than a regular semi auto rifle with a clip. One shot per squeeze of the trigger. An AR15 is not fully automatic like it's military twin the M16. If you don't have an issue with a standard appearing rifle for hunting, target shooting, and self defense then you have no grounds to want to deny folks the right to own an AR15.

I don't believe the average citizen has need of a fully automatic firearm. I can agree there are "some" guns John Q. Public should not have access too. The AR15 gets a bad rap because of it's looks and frankly that is foolish. It is no different. mechanically and function wise, than traditional appearing semi auto rifles that use a clip. It's been made out to be evil by the anti gun nuts.

As far as saying the average citizen should not have access to any guns the Police do is just foolish. Police use shotguns, semi auto pistols, and revolvers in addition to military firearms. Despite claims you are not fully anti gun it is pretty clear you are. You are just talking in circles trying to sound reasonable when in reality you clearly don't want anyone to have any guns. Typical anti gun SOP.

Last edited:

Yes, you do not pay sales tax in NH either. That is nice.

I buy quite a few firearms in Maine as well and no fee for the BGC there either. I do have to pay the sales tax there though.
37.gif

Originally Posted By: Brad_C

Everyone does not have the right to own a gun but anyone who has done nothing wrong certainly should have the right if they choose. Thankfully our Constitution protects that right.

Here in the US we do actually have laws on the books that try and keep them away from people who shouldn't have them. Like any thing in life though it isn't perfect and some sneak through or manage to find loop holes and such. Many who are denied a legal purchase will look to illegal means to get a gun.

Just as you can't stop people from drinking and driving you can't stop every person illegally owning a gun. If you try and ban them all you do is take them away from the law abiding folks who have done no wrong. The criminals and ones who will use them for bad purposes, and are the ones you are trying to keep guns away from, will still be able to get them on the streets.

Unless every gun on the plant is destroyed and no more made people will find a way to get them legal or otherwise. We can't punish those who have done no wrong though and prohibit them from legal ownership and purchase. Do our best to stop those who shouldn't have them from buying them and then come down like the Hammer Of God on those who commit crimes using them AND on those caught selling guns illegally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back