Reporter/cameraman killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Sandy hook never happened. Look beyond the mainstream media. If you watch the interviews.....etc, etc, etc

Oh boy
16.gif
16.gif
50.gif
50.gif
..here we go...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
My uncle's collection was appraised at about $1,200,000. Let's see your check!

Of course...I suspect there are more unregistered guns than registered guns...........

Because the confiscation was aimed at law abiding people, the book rates were lower than the market value for 10-22s, Bennellis etc.

An AR, or an L1A1, which was illegal to own, even before the buyback got you $7K.

They knew that the Dads and Uncles would hand in their sporters, and paid them stuff all.

The prize of his collection is nothing as mundane as a 10-22 or an AR: it is a Holland & Holland double elephant rifle in .577 Nitro, mad in, IIRC, 1902. (And yeah, he shoots it!)

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Charleston church, virgin geek shooter college student in California, etc...

Nothing can stop an evil person.

Sandy hook never happened. Look beyond the mainstream media. If you watch the interviews of the coroner,police officials and "victims" parents you quickly see something is fishy.
The coroner cracking jokes and quoted as saying " he hopes this doesn't bite the citizens of new town in the a$$.
The parents sure aren't acting like they are mourning. Heck nary a tear was shed.
Then there aren't any child sized body's being carried out of the school. The helicopter view of people just milling around doing laps
A discerning eye sees more than an emotional one does.

Your tinfoil hat is too tight.

I have to agree about Sandy Hook, too many weird things going on there. I urge anyone to watch the video's and proof and then argue. I would trust someone on here more than any news agency. Feed the sheep. Believe half of what you see and nothing you hear.

I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. I do not fear for my family and friends. I don't have to look over my shoulder to see who is walking in the door or wonder if that person is carrying a gun. I do not own a gun, but I do like to shoot one every now and then at the range. I am not against guns, but it would not bother me if the world did not have them. The problem is not just about guns and the right to have one, it is the nations attitude. This is what needs to change. If you feel the need to carry a loaded gun 24/7, to me that is a fear, and I am so glad I don't have to live in that fear that someone else is going to kill me if I don't kill him first. To many people have died in crime and by accident. Live in peace, not fear.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I have to agree about Sandy Hook, too many weird things going on there.

The issue I have these days, and it isn't with even the media or the government, is that everyone has a nice, loud voice, thanks to the internet, and can easily make up something professional enough to cause doubt where there really should be none.

Even if the worst conspiracy theory about Sandy Hook were true, what in the blue heck has it accomplished?

Originally Posted By: bammer5609
I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. I do not fear for my family and friends. I don't have to look over my shoulder to see who is walking in the door or wonder if that person is carrying a gun. I do not own a gun, but I do like to shoot one every now and then at the range. I am not against guns, but it would not bother me if the world did not have them. The problem is not just about guns and the right to have one, it is the nations attitude. This is what needs to change. If you feel the need to carry a loaded gun 24/7, to me that is a fear, and I am so glad I don't have to live in that fear that someone else is going to kill me if I don't kill him first. To many people have died in crime and by accident. Live in peace, not fear.
Fear is being in a helpless situation. Slipping a tool into my pocket is not fear. It's insurance.

If you feel the need to carry a loaded gun 24/7, to me that is a fear, and I am so glad I don't have to live in that fear that someone else is going to kill me if I don't kill him first. To many people have died in crime and by accident. Live in peace, not fear.

Do you wear your seat-belt? If so, you must be overcome with fear. Do you wear a helmet when riding bicycles/motorcycles/ATV's? If so, you must be overcome with fear. Do you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen/garage? Do you have car insurance on your autos? It must suck living such a fearful life. I can't fathom that a person would wear their seat-belt every time they get into a car. I pity how fearful they must be.

A gun is a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. I often carry a flashlight at night in my pocket. It is a tool, and has a useful purpose. I often carry a pocket knife. It is a tool, and has a purpose. I often carry a concealed pistol in my pocket. It is a tool, and has a purpose. To say I live in fear because I carry a pistol is laughable.

I have REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE, as a police officer. I have seen good, hard working, honorable people become victims. Terrible crimes commited against them. And they could have stopped it and not be raped. If only they had a gun. They could have stopped from being robbed and stabbed. If only they had a gun. They could have stopped the person that was smashing their face in with a cinder block. If only they had a gun.

I carry a gun because it only weighs 1 pound. A cop weighs 200 pounds and would probably prefer not to be carried around on my shoulders all day.

You see, if you are ever in a dire situation, and need a cop RIGHT NOW, too bad, they are minutes away, and wont be able to help you. You are on your own, until they show up. Cops for the most part dont prevent crimes. They just write reports after the fact and take pictures of your dead body. If only you had a gun to stop it.

If you think I'm picking on you, you would be wrong. It's just that you are commenting on something that you know nothing about. You dont have enough life experience to have an informed opinion of the subject.

I love the alarm commercials where the women are home with the kids. Perp breaks down door. Alarm goes off. Helpful yet stern voice challenges perp, assuring him the police have been notified. Perp quickly flees. Would be victims embrace.

37.gif

Last edited:
Ed,
there is so much bull in that article presented as fact, they can't be serious about it holding up to any sort of spotlight...unless they think that their target audience are that gullible.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I love the alarm commercials where the women are home with the kids. Perp breaks down door. Alarm goes off. Helpful yet stern voice challenges perp, assuring him the police have been notified. Perp quickly flees. Would be victims embrace.

37.gif

Reality is any sort of alarm or warning works in those situations even small barking dog. The thief has no idea who or what is inside typically armed or not. They move to easier targets.

My brother in law at best has an arsenal that did him absolutely no good when his home was robbed by a parole who uncovered but did not take guns with no one there.

You have, clearly, never worked in a bad neighborhood...or in a cash business...or on a night shift. I have, my wife has. Her best friend works in a bad neighborhood and frequently gets out around 3am. (She's a nurse.) A couple years ago, one of her co-workers was attacked.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

You have, clearly, never worked in a bad neighborhood...or in a cash business...or on a night shift. I have, my wife has. Her best friend works in a bad neighborhood and frequently gets out around 3am. (She's a nurse.) A couple years ago, one of her co-workers was attacked.

When I first moved to my current city, I had a job where I was traveling for work. One of our clients was an insurance agency in the city's south side. We're trying to be a mini Detroit, for what it's worth.

They were armed - and even managed to get the proper permits! But , what it came down to, is the locals were breaking in to the place during the daylight and robbing them. Not necessarily with guns, either .. . bats, knives.

A lot of the anti-gunner people have absolutely no understanding of how it is in the "real" world. The police don't come in time ... if they come at all.

I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. Live in peace, not fear.

Ignorance is bliss.

According to crime statististics..the U.S. is safer than Canada.

367.9 Violent crimes per 100,000 people in the U.S.
1,190 Violent crimes per 100,000 people in Canada. Feel free to correct me if this is in error
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr...crimemain_final

http://well-being.esdc.gc.ca/misme-iowb/[email protected]?iid=57

But I am glad you are content...you have little choice. I am glad I have the constitutional right to protect myself and my family in one of the Free States in the U.S.

Do I fear being harmed in a violent..maybe..just as I fear being injured in an auto accidents: I wear a seat belt (tool) and carry a weapon (tool) when appropriate.

"Live in peace..not fear"..thats what I do.

Last edited:
I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. I do not fear for my family and friends. I don't have to look over my shoulder to see who is walking in the door or wonder if that person is carrying a gun.

I don't "fear" any of those things in my country, and never have. When I was a kid, I didn't even fear getting stuck up at the gas station and having to turn over the days receipts - until it happened. Things are always just fine until they aren't.

it is the nations attitude. This is what needs to change.

I could say quite a lot of things about your nation, many of them not particularly flattering. I choose not to, because, since I am not a subject, it is none of my business.

Originally Posted By: Al

But I am glad you are content...you have little choice. I am glad I have the constitutional right to protect myself and my family in one of the Free States in the U.S.

Al, just an FYI, but we have the right to self defence up here and a version of Castle Doctrine. A local man recently defended himself and his home against an armed home invader with his 12-gauge, shooting him dead, and no charges were laid as it was deemed proportionate to the threat.

What we can't do is walk around with hand guns and our laws regarding them, and other guns that fall under the "restricted" category, are as the name would imply, quite restrictive. This is significantly different than the laws that apply to a gun that is unrestricted like a rifle or shotgun.

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9217163/america-guns-europe

A landmark 1999 study actually tried to answer this question. Its findings — which scholars say still hold up — are that America doesn't really have a significantly higher rate of crime compared to similar countries. But that crime is much likelier to be lethal: American criminals just kill more people than do their counterparts in other developed countries. And guns appear to be a big part of what makes this difference.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Al, just an FYI, but we have the right to self defence up here and a version of Castle Doctrine. A local man recently defended himself and his home against an armed home invader with his 12-gauge, shooting him dead, and no charges were laid as it was deemed proportionate to the threat.

What we can't do is walk around with hand guns and our laws regarding them, and other guns that fall under the "restricted" category, are as the name would imply, quite restrictive. This is significantly different than the laws that apply to a gun that is unrestricted like a rifle or shotgun.

Was the home invader armed with a rifle or shotgun, or did he have a handgun?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back