When's the best time of year to buy a Chevy Truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have different deals going on at different times throughout the year, including "truck month". I've never really paid attention to silverado/colorado dealer prices at any point in the past, but I figured some people on here probably have and might be able to recommend a good time of year to look.

Right before next years model comes out. Also sometimes near end of december

I imagine they must be releasing the 2016 Sierra/Silverado pretty soon, so would now be a good example of a time to find a good deal on one?

Originally Posted By: horse123
I imagine they must be releasing the 2016 Sierra/Silverado pretty soon, so would now be a good example of a time to find a good deal on one?

Yes, I usually see the best deals in the fall and early winter. Hold out as long as you can to get a great deal, unless of course you have to have a specific color. Also shop around, some dealers are easier to work with than others.

Originally Posted By: horse123
They have different deals going on at different times throughout the year, including "truck month". I've never really paid attention to silverado/colorado dealer prices at any point in the past, but I figured some people on here probably have and might be able to recommend a good time of year to look.

When you can't get a dodge Ram...

also wait until the end of the month to buy as dealers are scrambling to submit their numbers to the manufacturers and will take a loss on a vehicle if that one vehicle increases the dealers manufacturer volume incentive.

Originally Posted By: seanf
also wait until the end of the month to buy as dealers are scrambling to submit their numbers to the manufacturers and will take a loss on a vehicle if that one vehicle increases the dealers manufacturer volume incentive.

this is correct..end of the month is the time for the best deals. They could sell your truck at a huge loss but that one sale could help them meet a goal and they might receive extra money back from GM on every truck they sold that month..

Originally Posted By: iahawk
Originally Posted By: seanf

this is correct..end of the month is the time for the best deals. They could sell your truck at a huge loss but that one sale could help them meet a goal and they might receive extra money back from GM on every truck they sold that month..

Yep, I "accidentally" bought a car at the end of the month about 10 years ago. I found that they were REALLY willing to make a deal, even if it meant taking a loss on the car. Your one sale could mean the difference between making goal and not making goal, and that is a huge deal to a sales manager. I have since bought two more cars since then, on the last day of the month, and they have always been more than accommodating to my extreme low ball offers. I've gotten REALLY good deals doing this.

The current model clearouts start around June. If you can save $10K on a truck, and use it for 4~6 months vs the relatively small incremental savings you get by waiting, it may be overall the better deal.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
During the last hour of the last day of the year from dealer stock.

If they're one car off from missing some great sales incentive goal that is going to double the Sales Manager's commission for that month...yeah I guess!

I have always bought new vehicles in September, current year. Sales are slower, new models are on the horizon, it is a good month to buy. If you are prepared to gamble, later is always better (October on) but you may not get exactly what you want (color and options). For example, a client of mine essentially stole a brand new top of the line Silverado this past Spring. It was a 2014 but brand new. He got it for about 13k off the window sticker and was fortunate he didn't have to compromise too badly on options or color, he got pretty close to what he wanted.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The best time to buy a truck is when you need a truck.

Or, you can afford it and just want a new one. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back