combined tire threads by Ram Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but my point was if you bought a chevy corsica and it was absolutely awful it may turn you off from buying another chevy. That was my point. I realize they arent very similar

Picking out tires for someone, is like trying to pick out their shoes. Just get the RT43, or something, and let this thread go away.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
True but my point was if you bought a chevy corsica and it was absolutely awful it may turn you off from buying another chevy. That was my point. I realize they arent very similar

That makes about as much sense as you never buying another new car because of your dealer issues and all new cars are sold from dealers.

I dont honestly care if you go buy some 31.99 ohatsu tires. I do find your constant flopping and backtracking to be a painful read. Of course I should be used to that by now since I dont ever recall you taking anyones advice here ever.

You post up questions then go off and do whatever tangent then wonder when you have issues.

Anyway I'm done after this post so go ahead and get the last word in. I hope you enjoy whatever tires you decide on. No one scratches up your wheels while mounting them and you have a 100% troublefree experience

That doesn't spawn 6 follow up threads about the same tires.

Cheers,

Edit here are some shipped prices (after rebates)
from DTD sale

Cooper CS3 Touring 149$/4
Cooper CS5 UltraTouring 181$/4
General Altimax RT43 T rated 139$/4

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand

That makes about as much sense as you never buying another new car because of your dealer issues and all new cars are sold from dealers.

I dont honestly care if you go buy some 31.99 ohatsu tires. I do find your constant flopping and backtracking to be a painful read. Of course I should be used to that by now since I dont ever recall you taking anyones advice here ever.

You post up questions then go off and do whatever tangent then wonder when you have issues.

Anyway I'm done after this post so go ahead and get the last word in. I hope you enjoy whatever tires you decide on. No one scratches up your wheels while mounting them and you have a 100% troublefree experience

That doesn't spawn 6 follow up threads about the same tires.

Cheers,

Edit here are some shipped prices (after rebates)
from DTD sale

Cooper CS3 Touring 149$/4
Cooper CS5 UltraTouring 181$/4
General Altimax RT43 T rated 139$/4

I am not sure why you take things so personally and get all bent out of shape about a simple thread. Lol. But so you know i ordered the altimax r43 h rated this morning

You know, if you were willing to step up to the larger standard width tires you could get the Michelin Pilot A/S3's..... Which are better than anything you are currently considering.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
You know, if you were willing to step up to the larger standard width tires you could get the Michelin Pilot A/S3's..... Which are better than anything you are currently considering.
But are they gonna dry rot like his previous Michelins?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I don't think he's ever owned Michelin tires, he said:

I can say this ive noticed these things working on cars and tires alot. Michelins commonly have dry rot Crack on sidewall after just a couple years. Ive seen several good years with broken belts . Other than those 2 brands other than generic stuff i haven't noticed many trends .

Which means he is observing this on other people's vehicles. I also doubt he was checking the date codes on them. This (dry rot) is something I've never had an issue with (and I've owned a lot of Michelin tires), nor has any member of my entire family, and we use Michelin almost exclusively due to our experience with them.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I don't think he's ever owned Michelin tires, he said:

I can say this ive noticed these things working on cars and tires alot. Michelins commonly have dry rot Crack on sidewall after just a couple years. Ive seen several good years with broken belts . Other than those 2 brands other than generic stuff i haven't noticed many trends .

Which means he is observing this on other people's vehicles. I also doubt he was checking the date codes on them. This (dry rot) is something I've never had an issue with (and I've owned a lot of Michelin tires), nor has any member of my entire family, and we use Michelin almost exclusively due to our experience with them.
Oops, I clicked on the wrong thread. I meant to click on Tdbo's thread and ended up here, thought you were recommending a Michelin tire after his dry rotted to where he hasn't driven the van in a month.

The last set i looked at was a few days ago they were 3 years old. Its not major dry rot that would make them unsafe its very fine cracks on the side wall. In my experience it seems like michelins are more prone to it than other brands.

The last set i looked at was a few days ago they were 3 years old. Its not major dry rot that would make them unsafe its very fine cracks on the side wall. In my experience it seems like michelins are more prone to it than other brands.

Curious as to what you were doing on the vehicle to be observing its tires so closely and checking the date codes. Generally that's not something mechanics look at unless it is majorly visible or there's an issue reported by the customer.

Anyways, this has never been an issue for me, but there have been others that have had the issue on this board so I know it isn't just Internet Mythology at work. I generally buy LTX's or Pilot's, so perhaps that a contributing factor
21.gif

Anyways, that doesn't change my point however which is that if you step up to the slightly wider OEM size available in your rim diameter you can get the Pilot A/S3's, which are absolutely freakin' fantastic tires.

Yeah I think for Michelins you need to live in the right climate. The Michelin Cross Terrains on the 2002 Trailblazer were fantastic, loved those tires. They were the quietest tires ever and butter smooth, but after 3 years they were too cracked for me to feel safe in.

Curious as to what you were doing on the vehicle to be observing its tires so closely and checking the date codes. Generally that's not something mechanics look at unless it is majorly visible or there's an issue reported by the customer.

Anyways, this has never been an issue for me, but there have been others that have had the issue on this board so I know it isn't just Internet Mythology at work. I generally buy LTX's or Pilot's, so perhaps that a contributing factor
21.gif

Anyways, that doesn't change my point however which is that if you step up to the slightly wider OEM size available in your rim diameter you can get the Pilot A/S3's, which are absolutely freakin' fantastic tires.

It was a rotate and front brakes and i looked purely out of curiosity. For my own knowledge
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back