Mobil 1 and Dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mobil 1 use to carry the dodge spec on the bottle heard mobil 1 dropped them. Does anyone know if Mobil 1 will ever carry thus spec? My truck is a 08 Ram back then you could use mobil 1 but I'm thinking bout going to pennzoil cause I still have lifetime powertrain. Any thoughts?

M1 will exceed the spec MS-6395, but is not officially approved for use.

It is not a stringent spec and even the low budget conventional oils can meet it.

if you want to run M1 you will be ok. Mobil Super Synthetic and Mobil super are certified i believe.

Mobil One is overkill for a Dodge truck. Dodge would look pretty foolish saying SN Mobil One synthetic is not up to the job.

That's funny.....I get free lifetime oil changes at my RAM dealer and they use a Mobil blend oil. That's coming from the guy driving the Mobil oil bulk tank truck that was delivering that day.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
That's funny.....I get free lifetime oil changes at my RAM dealer and they use a Mobil blend oil. That's coming from the guy driving the Mobil oil bulk tank truck that was delivering that day.

I believe M1 is the only Mobil oil that isn't technically certified.

I don't know of a Mobil synthetic blend oil, except for the AC-Delco oil GM dealerships get thats made by Mobil, it being a dexos1 performance level synth blend. On the shelves, Mobil doesn't offer a blend to consumers with the Mobil name on the front.
Mobil Super 5000 is dino, Mobil Super Syn is a full syn, and of course the M1 line iz full syn.
Guess the RAM dealership gets the AC-Delco branded blend oil (made by Mobil) then???

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

I don't know of a Mobil synthetic blend oil, except for the AC-Delco oil GM dealerships get thats made by Mobil, it being a dexos1 performance level synth blend. On the shelves, Mobil doesn't offer a blend to consumers with the Mobil name on the front.
Mobil Super 5000 is dino, Mobil Super Syn is a full syn, and of course the M1 line iz full syn.
Guess the RAM dealership gets the AC-Delco branded blend oil (made by Mobil) then???

You might be right because, like you I have not heard of a Mobil blend type oil. But, at the Chevy dealership they have a huge white plastic oil tank that is "DEXOS" oil blend that says Mobil 5W30 on it. The RAM dealership also sells GMC(DEXOS oil), Ford, Jeep, Dodge etc. Auto shopping mall type dealership.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

You might be right because, like you I have not heard of a Mobil blend type oil. But, at the Chevy dealership they have a huge white plastic oil tank that is "DEXOS" oil blend that says Mobil 5W30 on it. The RAM dealership also sells GMC(DEXOS oil), Ford, Jeep, Dodge etc. Auto shopping mall type dealership.

Yep, that GMC dexos oil is simply AC-Delco (Mobil-made) dexos1 oil, and they are right to just use that for all there makes if thats what they are doing, since dexos1 is a tougher higher spec than Ford Jeep Dodge requires, it would cover them all nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back