2003 Accord K24 Castrol SynBlend 5W-20 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my UOA back on my first run of the $1/quart Autozone Castrol SynBlend special. This run was for only 2,434 miles, the reason being 80% of my trips are < 5 miles and so the oil had been in there for more than 6 months already. My next run with this oil will probably be for closer to 5k miles.

Honda A01 oil filter was used. The car has just under 145,000 miles on it.

I don't believe Castrol SynBlend contains moly, so the 47 ppm moly is most likely from my last run with PYB 5W-20.

Is the low flashpoint a point of concern? What would cause the flashpoint to drop to 360?

UOA below:
ZJsab7L.png

Last edited:
My UOA of the syn blend after two consecutive runs showed no moly or sodium. TBN was 2.7 after 4k in our badly short tripped mini van. Flash was 380.

Running Magnatec now as I was unable to score the close out deals.

Even with this levels of dilution you can easily do 5K miles. K24 may be one of the best engines on the planet. They never die.

Originally Posted By: Al
Even with this levels of dilution you can easily do 5K miles. K24 may be one of the best engines on the planet. They never die.

Many people have said Honda engines like an oil that's high in moly, but the GTX Synblend has no moly in it and this UOA is still good! Looks like these engines aren't picky about oil at all.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Right, it's the fuel dilution but still within the limit. And your short trips are the reason!

Can't do much about the short trips unfortunately. I do take it on the highway at least once a week for a 15+ mile trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back