Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LINN Energy, LLC ( LINE ) declared a monthly cash distribution of $0.1042 per unit, or $1.25 per unit on an annualized basis, for all of its outstanding units. The distribution will be payable August 18, 2015, to unitholders of record as of the close of business on August 13, 2015.
LinnCo, LLC ( LNCO ) declared a monthly cash dividend of $0.1042 per common share, or $1.25 per share on an annualized basis, for all of its outstanding common shares. The dividend will be payable August 19, 2015, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on August 13, 2015.
As previously announced, LINN Energy's ( LINE ) management intends to recommend to its Board of Directors that it suspend LINN Energy's ( LINE ) distribution, and subsequently LinnCo's ( LNCO ) dividend, at the end of the third quarter of 2015.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Originally Posted By: cjcride
5% is quite nice.

Doesn't a bank saving account has 4% ?

More like 0.4%.

My local Credit Union has .25% on checking, .75% on savings, 1% on money market. That's up from last year. Their Visa card is 7.75% on unpaid balance, same as used car loan.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
This is the big one...........

Or, the START of the big one...

Originally Posted By: Turk
This is the big one...........

Or, the START of the big one...

It is, however this time they are going to use complex
methods to control the plunge to the elite's satisfaction.
The plunge protection team is in control now, but the market has been manipulated since its inception.

well, call me elite, b/c I'm smart enough to not sell and continue to invest in the market's ups and downs. Eventually, I'll be a millionaire. It won't be worth as much due to inflation by then, but it'll be plenty for our needs.

but yeah, keep complaining about the rich and the elite and don't bother trying to learn about saving, living below your means, and investing, so that one day, you don't have to work or live off SS. That's too much work, though. Instead [censored] and complain about your situation.

The ironic thing about market dives like this is it's us knuckleheads who are largely driving it. Just like gas hoarding after hurricanes. C'mon people -- think with your heads, here! Major retirement portfolio decisions are best made in a reasonable manner with long-term goals in mind, and not in an emotional state watching others selling everything they have to "protect themselves".

Resist the temptation to sell your assets, and continue to invest when the market is lower. You'll get more for your dollar, you'll still own everything you once did (because you didn't sell it), and will be sitting pretty when the sun shines again.

I haven't sold a thing or changed any investments. It is down and there is exactly nothing I can do about it but ride it out! I have not lost any money as long as I haven't sold anything.

Today was interesting.

If only we could predict the market, all those 1%+ up/down moves could make you rich. The HFT guys have that covered when it comes to fractions of a % and second, I guess.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Today was interesting.

If only we could predict the market, all those 1%+ up/down moves could make you rich. The HFT guys have that covered when it comes to fractions of a % and second, I guess.

With energy in the dumps, why not put some $$$ in energy ?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Today was interesting.

I don't think I'm starting a taxable account. I fully invest my Roth each January and have bi-weekly contributions that go into index funds. My general savings / emergency fund is in high interest savings accounts (the ones that are limited to $5k each and you jump through hoops to get 5%). So I don't have idle cash to invest. Not worth directing 457 contributions towards overpriced energy funds.
I bought some VDE in January with some of my Roth contribution. Went up a little and then down a lot! I thought it was cheap then! Holding for the long, long run ...

It will be interesting to see where oil/energy ends up and the indices are at the end of this correction and year...

Just took a look at our 401Ks, they took a hit but I did not sell so nothing lost! And when it goes back up I will gain by the dollar cost averaging.

Still wondering if I need to keep my Van Total Bond fund?

My wife's 401K took a huge hit in 08. She retired in Jan. this year. With 7 years of $ cost averaging, she has had a huge gain since then..

JUST what I should've done.

BUT, I kept thinking this economy is built on sinking sand with all this QE stuff, so I was only partially in it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Today was interesting.

Thats a valid point, but the question is if the turningpoint in energy is close enough. I think right now XOM is the only reasonable buy, and the rest still need to adapt/correct a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back