I cut a white Purolator up. Bit over 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
otf98z.jpg

rclx6t.jpg
dbjs44.jpg
8y7qrr.jpg
j73zg1.jpg

Made 1-19-2015, pretty recent stock. Pleats look better than most. 20195s always looked decent, better than some other Purolator models.

Used on what?

Why is the media all ripped up in photo #1?

The black rubber thing on top must have been the adbv. Not in pic but it was there and fine.
This came off a 2002 Windstar 140k. No tearing or any of that

In photo 1, I see media torn off the center tube. I'm assuming you gutted it and tore the media off the center tube to inspect.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Made 1-19-2015, pretty recent stock. Pleats look better than most. 20195s always looked decent, better than some other Purolator models.

Used on what?

Why is the media all ripped up in photo #1?
I actually took that pic last. Was after I had rorn the whole thing apart and stuffed in in the can lol

In photo 1, I see media torn off the center tube. I'm assuming you gutted it and tore the media off the center tube to inspect.
yes to

Two Tear free Purolator classics, of recent production, back to back!?!?

This is the big one! I'm coming home Elizabeth!!!!

Thanks for the cut and post. You just gave six members here mini strokes.

P.s. Your can looks like it was opened by a bear ...lol

Ya I used my teeth! Lol
Really I used snips but they weren't really narrow enough so that's why

Has the media is forced to one side new style construction. The usual tear area is not shown down to the glue point. In any case the off center media is #3 on my reasons never to use one again. In review: 1. tearing not addressed by company statement, not their guinea pig to find out 2. ADBV cuts or installed tilted 3. element pushed off center to the end caps. Any one is reason enough, for me, to pick another maker. These are all facts.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Has the media is forced to one side new style construction. The usual tear area is not shown down to the glue point. In any case the off center media is #3 on my reasons never to use one again. In review: 1. tearing not addressed by company statement, not their guinea pig to find out 2. ADBV cuts or installed tilted 3. element pushed off center to the end caps. Any one is reason enough, for me, to pick another maker. These are all facts.
I'm not seeing it pushed over to a side. It didn't have tears and the adbv (the rubber thing??) On top was centered on the Spout of the core. So I think this was good to go.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I'm not seeing it pushed over to a side. It didn't have tears and the adbv (the rubber thing??) On top was centered on the Spout of the core. So I think this was good to go.

Good it isn't torn at the bottom of the pleat that is bent out at the seam, can't see the bottom, but that's where they tear most. The pics 2,3 show the media pushed to the side. Almost to the edge like on the new Bosch. The media is supposed to be evenly against the center tube. Your adbv was fine, mine wasn't. So that's the problem, not all are bad, but some are. I won't be their Guinea pig. If others want to be, fine.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Two Tear free Purolator classics, of recent production, back to back!?!?

This is the big one! I'm coming home Elizabeth!!!!

Obviously, the problem is fixed for good.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Two Tear free Purolator classics, of recent production, back to back!?!? This is the big one! I'm coming home Elizabeth!!!!
Obviously, the problem is fixed for good.
crackmeup2.gif

There was no problem Zee and you need to quit pretending and attempting to convince the rest of us there was. 70+ tears are not proof of anything especially since the filters were never used as intended by any of the persons who posted the torn filters. Geez, what I am talking about, those 70 people did not have a clue of how to properly open a filter and thus they created their own tears and attempted to brain wash the rest of us into thinking there was a problem. Well, no, perhaps instead it was just one big conspiracy created to force everyone to buy FRAM Ultras so that those on the FRAM payroll (aka anyone who uses a FRAM filter) would pad their wallets...

^^^ Yeah, I totally agree ... why didn't I see that? I'm going out tonight to stock up on Purolators.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

But seriously, how could we ever get so many good laughs without the conspiracy guys around?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Well, the FRAM payroll guys are good for a few laughs too.
smile.gif
smile.gif

ate you serious about fram paying people to post on here?

I went to several Walmart stores today and stuck 90° picks down into all of the Purolator filters.

This was of course, after I tore through the Bosch and Motorcraft section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back