Havoline Pro DS Advance Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Advance Auto Parts has a $19.99 oil change special with 5 quarts of Havoline DS and a filter.

Anyone have any experience with Havoline DS, I see it is on the dexos licensed list.

Yes I saw it today at the Advance store. Excellent price for a full synthetic and filter. That's in SuperTech synthetic price range including a cheap oil filter.

Doggone.... !! That's a REAL good deal man. I have run it in my Altima and its a very good oil in my opinion. It's cold properties and characteristics are very good. Not that it's cold out obviously
smile.gif

Myself I wouldn't put in the class of Pennzoil Ultra or Mobil 1 EP. But for some applications it would do very well for 10k miles. So, now I may well go there and pick this up too. I just got 5qts of Pennzoil Platinum for $4.99 a qt and PYB for $2.99 at of all places Ace Hardware??
smile.gif
but I don't think I can pass up Havoline Pro DS for this price either. Add to my small stash.

Nice to see a real oil deal at the parts stores. That's a great price for any name-brand synthetic with a filter included. Plus, you get the individual quart bottles that are easy to pour and better for cars that take less than the full 5 quarts. I would suggest the P1 upgrade, though, as DW is Chinese and not very good.

Too bad they jacked up the M1 specials, though. They were about $3 cheaper last time.

One side note too just FYI Captain
smile.gif

If the NOACK matters to you.. No wrong or right answer that this by the way:)
The Pro DS 5w30 its 13. The 10w30 Pro DS its 9
Just to let ya know
smile.gif

I buy this deal every time they put it on sale. I use the driveworks filters on lawn mowers or as free oil changes when I change family members cars. I don't use them on my own cars, but they are perfectly fine for family members, especially if I am providing the parts/labor for FREE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back