K&N filter specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find efficiency specs for K&N oil filters?

Their web site was not very informative.

I am looking specifically for the K&N PS-7021 Pro Series Cartridge

I think its 99.9@20. Walmart had an advertisement up a while back in the filter section. I think that's what it said if my memory serves me well.
I have seen that some are saying their made in Mexico these days and that is looked at negatively.
It is my preference to buy American if I can.

^^^^Mrsandman, doubt if its 99.9@20 with its cheap paper cellulose element. I had a bad experience with a very deformed K&N PS7014 cartridge oil filter a year ago and refuse to buy another. It had warped a lot along its main axis, where the end caps wouldn't mate with the filter housing anymore.
K&N is not generally known for making quality products, as I've learned. They are just coasting on the prior history of their name, having become just another cheap oil filter as of a few years ago.
Fram TG and Ultra has greater than 99.9%@20, quality stuff. Avoid any Purolator oil filters of course.

Don't bother. it's cheap Korean [censored] with a high price tag. I know the red media looks cool, but it's overpriced offshore [censored] thay you should not buy.

Instead, consider the Wix 57064. Made in Poland.

The Purolator L16311 is US-made.

Another excellent choice is the Mahle OX416D1

If you can find one, the Mann HU 6006z is probably made in Spain or Germany.

Rock Auto has a Wix-made Carquest Red on clearance (listed as Wix part number R84064)

I wouldn't publish any specifications if I were making those either.

K&N was okay when Champ made them a few years ago.

They were kind of in between an AC/Delco and a M1.

I wouldn't use one now if it was free.

Hard to beat the value of OEM Toyota cartridge style filters.

I sent them an email, but haven't heard back yet.

Currently using a regular Wix at the moment, but I was looking for something different. The K&N has a near perfect 5-star rating on Amazon, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I would love to try the Mann HU 6006 z, but I can't find a retailer in the USA or anyone that would ship to the USA.

Still waiting for Fram to make this filter in their Ultra line...

If you're already using Wix but want something else, and can't get the Mann, then you need to check out Mahle
smile.gif

For any of his applications, the Mann will simply be a rebadged Purolator Classic. I'm not positive about Mahle, but if I recall correctly, for the non-Euro Mahle applications, they are made in Mexico, if that helps to narrow down potential manufacturers.

Mahle's cartridges are usually made in Austria, and I checked it on eBay, where many parts show the country of origin with a product guide that eBay added last year.

Mann makes two sets of filters:
Part numbers starting with ML are reboxed Purolator Classics. Part numbers starting with HU are real European Mann cartridges, usually made in Germany or Spain. Part numbers starting with W are German-made cans. In many cases both an ML and an HU will be available for the same application.

The Mahle OX416D is made in Austria.
The Mann HU6006z is made in Spain or Germany.
The Mann ML1048 is US-made and a reboxed L16311.

Yep, if I recall correctly, my order of Mahle canister filters was marked from Austria, too. My Mann and Bosch filters for the Audi were all from Germany. I don't recall what the Hengst said.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. At this time K&N does not provide micron ratings for it's oil filters. However please be advised that K&N manufactures all of its oil filters within OEM specifications. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or call our Customer Support Team at 1(800)858-3333. Thank you for writing. Have a great day.

K&N Customer Service & Tech Support

Originally Posted By: K&N
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. At this time K&N does not provide micron ratings for it's oil filters.

33.gif

Originally Posted By: K&N
However please be advised that K&N manufactures all of its oil filters within OEM specifications.

And I wonder exactly what the efficiency spec is from the OEM. If it's like Honda, then probably 50% @ 20 microns is the bottom end of the required efficiency spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back