Maxlife 5w40 full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
128567169030005.jpg

What do you think about this oil guys? as I understand it is fully synthetic unlike the 10w40 maxlife. My VVT-I engine consumes oil and I'd like to reduce the consumption as possible while stay full synthetic, seems like the one that fits.
It is a european spec, Does it have the same additive package as the US versions? couldn't find much information about it.. thanks.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2695547

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: VVT_i
What do you think about this oil guys?

I'd fill up the bath tub and bath in it if I could get ahold of it. Answer your question?

5-quart bottles of Valvoline 5W-40 is nonexistent over here.

That looks like the good stuff mate, I wish I could get it here.
It's full synthetic, from a well respected company.
The Euro ACEA A3/B4 rating is a good spec., so it should be a stout oil.

The spec. sheet says A3/B4 04, which is the older 2004 rating, not the newer 2012 rating. But it also says MB 229.3, which is very good. It's also API SN/CF

I would happily use it.

I would certainly use it myself if available.

We only have maxlife 20w-50 down here. I picked Castrol GTX HM 15w-50 for my VVTi engine (see sig) because the shop didn't have maxlife. That being said, i am very happy with the GTX which seems to have quietened the bag of spanners a bit.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: VVT_i
What do you think about this oil guys?

I'd fill up the bath tub and bath in it if I could get ahold of it.

Yeah, but would you be able to take a full bath without changing the oil half way through ?

Quote:
Yeah, but would you be able to take a full bath without changing the oil half way through ?

It was just an expression. Truthfully, I wouldn't want the get any body hair the the oil.
grin2.gif

It was just an expression. Truthfully, I wouldn't want the get any body hair the the oil.
grin2.gif

I always picture you as Zardoz.

I'd fill up the bath tub and bath in it if I could get ahold of it. Answer your question?

5-quart bottles of Valvoline 5W-40 is nonexistent over here.

It's not an ILSAC grade, Merk, so you won't touch it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Looks like high mileage now has a new threshold; 100000 ?

I think that's probably kilometers.

My left eye is twitching... i want that oil so bad. (approvals/certifications dependent)

For me the specifications doesn't look too great. How could a fully synthetic oil sold in Europe have lower specs than this?

- Over ten years old ACEA A3/B4-04
- Suitable for (NB! Not approved or certified) VW 502.00/505.00, MB 229.1/229.3

And the price seems is a bit (too) high also.

- Price at Finland is 39.90 eur / 4 liters (for comparison M1 0W-40 is exactly the same price and fully synthetic M1 5W-50 is 29.90 eur / 4 liters)

That being said. I'm also itching to test the MaxLife some day to see if it would reduce my car's oil consumption more than M1 5W-50 does.

Originally Posted By: finmile
For me the specifications doesn't look too great. How could a fully synthetic oil sold in Europe have lower specs than this?

- Over ten years old ACEA A3/B4-04
- Suitable for (NB! Not approved or certified) VW 502.00/505.00, MB 229.1/229.3

MaxLife products are for older vehicles. Obsolete specs, many of which no longer have certification programs, are what MaxLife is all about.

All in all I think a lot of people who own older cars are going to be excited about this product.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
grin2.gif

LOL I had to look that up. Now I must drive those images from my mind... or buy the DVD and just watch it.

grin2.gif

LOLOL... Sean Connery at his finest.

18dxggcauj6jfjpg.jpg

zardoz.jpg

Thanks for sharing information folks
there PI and MSDS who are intrested...
http://www.valvolineeurope.com/uploadedFiles/5520.pdf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypAjuI...sp=docslist_api

I see this SM API rated. I hope it uses the same amout of additives as the US maxlife.. maybe that's even better than the mobil1 10w40 HM
wink.gif
(anyway it's not available here..) too bad there's no UOA around to ckeck that out.

P.S. check with this seller, he agreed shipping to me for 14.5€
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321725986734

Originally Posted By: wemay
grin2.gif

LOLOL... Sean Connery at his finest.

18dxggcauj6jfjpg.jpg

zardoz.jpg

Indeed... This was the 2nd movie I ever got through Netflix. Totally worth the monthly fee.

.. The 1st was Soylent Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back