2016 Prius to debut in Vegas September 8!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
Two words : Who cares? Lol

The answer is, someone does. Look at the sales numbers and repeat customers. Not everyone wants a high horsepower, fast vehicle. A lot of negative opinions come from those that have never owned one but appear to know everything.

From an engineering achievement standpoint, the Prius is awesome. Its more reliable than most other vehicles while packing both an IC engine and motor-electronics out the wazoo. Energy efficiency is incredible in that vehicle of course, and that is exciting, the ability to do chemical-to-kinetic energy conversion efficiently.

Yep. Too bad they don't make them with a manual transmission.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Theres some leaked pictures that make me think Saturn has come back alive and is releasing a hatchback sedan
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/21/2016-toyota-prius-spy-shots/

Doesn't it just look like a Hyundai Elantra? No big deal.
2015-hyundai-elantra_100476067_m.jpg

006-toyota-prius-spy-shots-1.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a current-gen Corolla and an Aztec had kids together.

Regardless, the Prius is a great car for its intended audience. Very reliable, low cot of ownership and very good utility for its asking price.

I have 115k on my 2011 Prius and it has given me no mechanical issues at all. There's a decent chance that I would getting another Prius.

Consider people getting excited about pick up truck, I don't see why couldn't people get excited about a new Prius.

Wonder how they achieve their goal of "10% better fuel economy" without blowing up the manufacturing cost. Li-Ion battery? higher voltage electric motor and battery? Aero is probably at the limit already and they already use electric everything on board.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Consider people getting excited about pick up truck, I don't see why couldn't people get excited about a new Prius.

Wonder how they achieve their goal of "10% better fuel economy" without blowing up the manufacturing cost. Li-Ion battery? higher voltage electric motor and battery? Aero is probably at the limit already and they already use electric everything on board.

Don't forget how excited they get with old Crown Victorias on BITOG!

The new prius looks like it should be wearing pink panties with sparkly glitter all over them and wink and giggle at you when you look at it. Any man who buys it must have been neutered at birth.

People get excited about trucks due to trucks being awesome. Prius is just one of many econo cars out there. I want that same tech in a mini truck. That would be totally unique and useful in america. Imagine the fleet sales if you could have a 35mpg city RangerPrius.

Originally Posted By: gregoron
I dunno. That David Niven look on the new fascia does not make me excited. I prefer the more sporty look of the blue version in this website:

http://jalopnik.com/is-this-the-2016-toyota-prius-1716229344

Why does this car remind me of an early 2000s Saturn coupe???

No thanks. I think the current prius is pretty good looking, and this looks too long for the shape somehow... They can do incremental mods to the Lexus Rx and keep it handsome looking, hopefully they do the same to the Prius.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I'm not sure Las Vegas says "Prius" haha.

One word - taxi.

Even though Uber and Lyft are making cabbies seem passe, they also encourage their drivers to use hybrids.

Originally Posted By: horse123
The new prius looks like it should be wearing pink panties with sparkly glitter all over them and wink and giggle at you when you look at it. Any man who buys it must have been neutered at birth.

A lot of people use them for the intended purposes: cheap long distance or time commute.

If you live 1.5 hr away from work or drive a cab / uber / lyft, having an extra 15mpg makes a huge difference in cost.

I'll drive a wiener mobile if people pay me gas and insurance and the car.

440px-OurDog.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back