Walmart stops selling AR15's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The caving to misinformed whingers is what got me [censored] about this fiasco. If you want to pull the AR, sure. If it is because you don't make money from it, go ahead, or because it isn't suitable for your target demo, then fine by me.

If it is because 40k people are having a teary and feeding you out of date, unfounded spin then no, you should not bend over and let a group (albeit large one) of experts bone you in the [censored].

Last edited:
There are too many good gun shops around for me to want to purchase anything firearms related from PC Wallyworld.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Since when does walmart sell guns?
Must be a California thing. They sell guns here.

They used to here in CA but stopped about ten years ago.

Prices are going down, down, down. PSA just sold a complete AR-15 kit for $299. Add a $39 lower and you have an AR-15 for $340 plus shipping.

Wal-Mart caved to the pressure and is selling ALL black tactical/scary looking stuff. This includes AR-15's, tactical Ruger Mini-14's, tactical shotguns with short barrels, AR-15 accessories, Surefire weapons lights, etc. They sold out of every Colt 6920 in the country at $699 in just a few days. Anything that was left was marked down to 50% off a few days ago, and was quickly snapped up. I bought a $300 Surefire X300 Ultra pistol light 50% off for $155. They even marked down the .223 ammo that has pictures of AR-15 rifles on the box (Federal MSR, for example)

Wal-Mart CEO has stated that they will only carry common "hunting" rifles and shotguns from now on. It's a shame really, because they kept the local gun stores in check if you wanted an tactical style rifle or shotgun. Wal-Mart sold the same exact thing as your local gun shops for several hundred dollars cheaper in many cases.

Drive over to free America. Walk into a Wal-Mart store. Go to sporting goods, and see 25-50 guns in a locked glass case behind the clerk.

Who buys guns at WM anyway? It was kinda strange when the black rifles showed up there a couple of years ago, if they go away so what? The counter guys tell me since the craze died down they aren't selling any. Or 22s for that matter since you still can't buy ammo.

Might have to go see if the local WM is having the close outs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Walmart says they stopped selling them because they were very low demand.

Probably...too many on line vendors now. I built mine from PSA. Got every component I wanted for under $600. They stopped selling here years ago.

Last edited:
Wal-Mart sold AR-15's for the same reason everyone and their brother sold AR-15's. To make money. Now the run is over. Politicians don't scare gun owners anymore. Especially after nothing happened after the Newtown shooting.

And the market has been saturated. Anyone who even remotely wants an AR-15, already has 2 or more of them. Wal-Mart isn't seeing enough dollars made, over what they're tying up in inventory. If it was political, they would have stopped selling them after Newtown, much like ****'s and a few others did. When there is money to be made, that will trump politics every time.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Wal-Mart sold AR-15's for the same reason everyone and their brother sold AR-15's. To make money. Now the run is over. Politicians don't scare gun owners anymore. Especially after nothing happened after the Newtown shooting.

And the market has been saturated. Anyone who even remotely wants an AR-15, already has 2 or more of them. Wal-Mart isn't seeing enough dollars made, over what they're tying up in inventory. If it was political, they would have stopped selling them after Newtown, much like ****'s and a few others did. When there is money to be made, that will trump politics every time.

Probably true but they may fear lawsuits if somehow they sell one that is used in a shooting. If you look hard enough at something you will find a "Problem"

It's absolutely political. If something is selling slower you don't stop selling it altogether, everywhere.

When the democrats win the presidency thanks to Donald Trump there will be another gun purchase frenzy since the democrats will be coming for everyone's guns. Just like after Obama's fist and second term. Oh wait. No one came for their guns?

Maybe Wal-Mart will get back in them.

Maybe Walmart can start selling the SKS. It is from their preferred country of origin for their products.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back