Bad luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night the wife was driving to work in the Ranger and was rear ended hard enough the buckle the frame where it arches over the rear axle. Trip to the ER for cat scan, diagnosed with concussion and whiplash. Today she is pretty much immobile. I was pretty worried because she had a disc replaced in her neck two years ago. The other driver was unable to produce insurance, so probably wont collect for the truck. In April I was T-boned in Minneapolis, totaled the Protege in a big way. Last summer I hit an oil slick on the GL1200, went down and broke a couple of ribs and messed up my rotator cuff, still not back to normal. I think I will buy one powerball ticket tomorrow, because my luck has got to change.

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Last night the wife was driving to work in the Ranger and was rear ended hard enough the buckle the frame where it arches over the rear axle. Trip to the ER for cat scan, diagnosed with concussion and whiplash. Today she is pretty much immobile. I was pretty worried because she had a disc replaced in her neck two years ago. The other driver was unable to produce insurance, so probably wont collect for the truck. In April I was T-boned in Minneapolis, totaled the Protege in a big way. Last summer I hit an oil slick on the GL1200, went down and broke a couple of ribs and messed up my rotator cuff, still not back to normal. I think I will buy one powerball ticket tomorrow, because my luck has got to change.
Hang in there man it can only get better. Hope your wife is ok!

Unbelievable how many people drive with no insurance around here. I was hit by one a couple years ago. I was sitting at a stop sign. He was coming from my right and made a left turn in front of a car coming from my left. That car struck him, which then sent him head on into me. Luckily no injuries. He was ticketed for no insurance and inattentive driving.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Hang in there man it can only get better. Hope your wife is ok!

+1

The no insurance deal is getting worse every year. Around here in S Cal it's the illegals. They're untouchable. My wife and I lost our Volvo to an uninsured illegal that ran her through a guard rail at freeway speed. The illegal just walked off the freeway and that was the end of that. My wife took an ambulance ride to the hospital.

I hope you've recovered from your injuries and that your wife will be okay.

Thats why i pay for the maximum uninsured/under insured motorist insurance..I have the $500,000 plus a 2 million dollar umbrella policy for my liability. Insurance is important.

OneEyeJoe, not just s co. In Michigan the checks for rrenewal of plates, it's rumored here the law wants a database in cop cars(no need then to show proof, they know).
I pay early and pay extra for more liability, I am way way over insured. I know I am covered, I am a fan of the proposed computer system.

-harvey

My sympathies to your wife and for your injuries, too. I've got ruptured disks and have had about four whiplashes in my life. If your wife hasn't done so, I suggest she see a chiropractor ASAP so her ligaments and tendons heal straight.

Four years ago my husband was riding his 150cc scooter to work (he was a special ed teacher) when a driver too old to be driving made a right turn on red, cut across two lanes and hit him. He would have been OK but a broken leg made him unable to get up. The people who stopped to help him were afraid to move him. While waiting forever for the police and ambulance to show up, another idiot driver who was rubbernecking the accident ran over and killed him, and also hit the good samaritan who was sitting with him.

Both drivers carried the paltry minimum liability for AZ. The first driver was only cited for failure to yield. The driver that killed him wasn't cited at all. He lawyered up and got off on a paperwork technicality.

Originally Posted By: shiny
Four years ago my husband was riding his 150cc scooter to work (he was a special ed teacher) when a driver too old to be driving made a right turn on red, cut across two lanes and hit him. He would have been OK but a broken leg made him unable to get up. The people who stopped to help him were afraid to move him. While waiting forever for the police and ambulance to show up, another idiot driver who was rubbernecking the accident ran over and killed him, and also hit the good samaritan who was sitting with him.

Both drivers carried the paltry minimum liability for AZ. The first driver was only cited for failure to yield. The driver that killed him wasn't cited at all. He lawyered up and got off on a paperwork technicality.

My sympathies to you and Inspecktor and his wife.

I truly hate rubbernecking, they are causing all kind of problems on highways and on surface streets.

shiny, so sorry for your loss. 1 year ago next week my son was killed when the car he was a passenger in crashed due to driver negligence. Driver not charged by County Attorney in spite of charges recommended by Sheriff's Office. I understand.

There is no such thing as over insured.

Two days later, wife is feeling better. Got a copy of the police report and the kid was insured-truck will get estimated tomorrow. Forgot to buy the lottery ticket, however.

Last night the wife was driving to work in the Ranger and was rear ended hard enough the buckle the frame where it arches over the rear axle.

Wreck pics please!

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Thats why i pay for the maximum uninsured/under insured motorist insurance..I have the $500,000 plus a 2 million dollar umbrella policy for my liability. Insurance is important.

A small marginal expense for the extra coverage that will hopefully not be used, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back