3.75 HP Briggs... had BAD GAS now RUNS RICH...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure washer with 3.75 Briggs and Stratton.

Sat in storage for 4 years, had gas in it.... gas was all yellow.

I cleaned out the carb, and the screens, all holes and checked gasket for pin holes.

Cleaned tank, new plug.... It starts up and runs erratic shooting out black out of exhaust.

Plug finally fouls, plug is dry, with black soot buildup around electrode.

I think it is running rich, but have NO adjustments except bend the governor tab.

Worked great before it was in storage.

What now?

Last edited:
Looks like my air bleeder is stuck, a ball bearing in the plastic carb body, if I try to push the primer button, it just sucks in, then I have to press HARD with a small screwdriver on the bleeder ball for the primer button to pop back out...

If you figure it out for sure, please report back. I have two push mowers doing the same thing. So bad, in fact, that the spark plug will eventually foul.

I push on that bleeder valve... is it supposed to move much? It's [censored] stuck good, going to soak the entire carb in cleaner, I may get a new carb, they're around $30.

Located on the left side of red primer button, pointed toward the front.

Last edited:
Now after messing with the bleeder air valve the primer button will not pop back out after a push.....

model # 10D902-0133-B2

That's the same exact engine I have on my Craftsman push mower. I know all about it. I bought a carburetor off ebay last year for it and it's been running great ever since. Briggs & Stratton Carburetor Model 795475. They're only like $25 and that includes shipping.

Bad gas will gum things up like crazy. Often you have to clean the carb really thoroughly to get it all out. Some carbs with tiny little jets will never come completely clean even after several cleanings. I find this to often be the case with Tecumseh carbs. I had a customer with a 5hp Tecumseh snow king engine that sat for a year with bad gas in it. I cleaned the thing 5 times and it still wouldn't run right. I ended up just replacing the carb (only cost $23) and it ran like brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back