Ford may resurrect Ranger & Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be good to see. Packaged like that, gayruntee it will be a $27K small pickup.

Let's see the cheapsake 5sp and 4cyl model @ 17K please.

Last edited:
*Doesn't upgrade vehicle in any significant way for 20 years*
Hurrduurr no one wants the Ranger anymore, so the market must not want small trucks at all.

So, they start floating this idea only *after* GM successfully re-introduces the Colorado and Canyon?

The Colorado & Canyon are TOO big - and TOO expensive. We're talking SMALL truck here, Ranger, old S-10 size. Bring back some small trucks for under 20 grand, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I recall when they announced the closing of the St. Paul Ranger plant they then had a continuous flood of orders that went on and on. I think Canadian orders also added to it and the plant kept going long after it was initially expected to shut down.

Ranger, schmanger. I had a Ranger, they're fantastic vehicles. I miss mine
smirk.gif

BUT IS ANYONE PUMPED FOR A 2017 BRONCO?

happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Ranger, schmanger. I had a Ranger, they're fantastic vehicles. I miss mine
smirk.gif

BUT IS ANYONE PUMPED FOR A 2017 BRONCO?

happy2.gif
happy2.gif
happy2.gif

We need Broncos and K5 Blazers to come back!

I guess having a Ranger wouldn't be that bad, as long as it had some room inside, they're wayyyy too small inside.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
*Doesn't upgrade vehicle in any significant way for 20 years*
Hurrduurr no one wants the Ranger anymore, so the market must not want small trucks at all.

That is spot on!

Need a modern small truck with room for 6ft people.
A regular cab shouldnt only fit 5'8" people.

Give it a modern transmission, a nice 6mt option
small diesel option thats available in the rest of the world.

Stripper 4cyl option, mini crew cab etc.

The only Bronco I would consider is something similar to the 1979 Bronco I had. That was by far my favorite vehicle of all time. Nothing since has even come close to satisfying me. Even the 2015 Silverado 2500 I have now. Sure, the newer stuff has more creature comforts, but from purely being a great vehicle, the '79 Bronco wins hands down in my book. If all those years in Alaska hadn't finally taken its toll on that Bronco, I might still have had it. They will never bring anything like that back, so I will not be buying a Ford anytime soon.

Ranger is Ford Australia's best seller. I drive one most days at work, a dual cab 4x4 with 3.2 diesel and 6 speed auto.

I'm just over 6ft and there's plenty of room, front or back. Don't know what engine options the US would get, we only have diesels, in 2.2 or 3.2, with either 6sp manual or auto. They're a good thing, powerful and economical, decent off-road capability, haven't seen or heard any reliability issues.

My only complaint is a lot of engine noise inside the cabin, and the auto trans is a bit schizo at times...from what I've read, the upgrade model addresses these issues.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I guess having a Ranger wouldn't be that bad, as long as it had some room inside, they're wayyyy too small inside.

I dunno.
I'm 6'6" and I have no problem driving a '98 no-optioned Ranger with a manual transmission. My leg inseam is 37" and my left knee does not hit the signal stick. The seat is all the way back, however.
Or were you talking about gut room?

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I dunno.
I'm 6'6" and I have no problem driving a '98 no-optioned Ranger with a manual transmission. My leg inseam is 37" and my left knee does not hit the signal stick. The seat is all the way back, however.
Or were you talking about gut room?
Not talking about gut room. I drove a 2010 Ranger that I worked on at the body shop, was the small version for a paint delivery company. It was very cramped inside, head almost touched the ceiling and getting in and out you had to sandwich yourself. I imagine the extended cab ones are larger but the little ones should be able to at least seat someone my height (6'2") comfortably. It didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back