DTD pre-Labor Day sale, buy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow begins the DTD pre-Labor Day sale, and it runs through August 31st. I am wanting some snow wheels/tires for the Fusion, but I'm wondering something... every year I hear about Labor Day sales. Is this the sale people are talking about, or does the sale come after Labor Day? Forgive me if the question seems silly, but I know some companies have 'pre-sales' leading up to the big sale.

Dont wait for black friday sale.
Its usually not any better (or minimally better)

and snow tires if they run out there is no more until next year.

Does DTD honor their rebates? If so - I could get a set of the GT Radial Champiro IcePro for a hair $210 ... with rebate.

Otherwise I have my eyes on the closeout WS-70 from TR.

Well, I bit the bullet. Ordered a set of 16" Rage R10 wheels, and a set of GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro tires. $668 OTD, and it comes to $493 after rebates. Not bad
smile.gif
These are for the Fusion in my sig. I'm kind of kicking myself for getting Pirelli P7s last year, because I bought them with the aim of having a competent all season tire. Now that I have winter tires, I should've bought some summer rubber for the other 3 seasons instead! Oh well. The P7 is a great tire, and quiet too. It keeps the wife happy, so I'm okay with that.

Also, props to Danny from DTD. I called after I made my order because for some reason, hub centric rings aren't listed as being included for free with some wheel brands. I called them up and Danny confirmed that they were indeed free, even though they didn't show up in the invoice. Without me even asking, he manually put the order through while I was on the phone and told me everything is on the way. I've always had good experiences with DTD's customer service, and this time was no different.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Well, I bit the bullet. Ordered a set of 16" Rage R10 wheels, and a set of GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro tires.

I think I am going to be ordering a set of the Champiro Ice Pro tonight. Been hemorrhaging money this month but I do need to buy a set of snow tires, and a set of the Ice Pros will only run me about $100 more than I sold the winterforces.

If I didn't dig up parking lots, I wouldn't have even bothered with selling the winterforce and buying new. But oh well.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Well, I bit the bullet. Ordered a set of 16" Rage R10 wheels, and a set of GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro tires.

I think I am going to be ordering a set of the Champiro Ice Pro tonight. Been hemorrhaging money this month but I do need to buy a set of snow tires, and a set of the Ice Pros will only run me about $100 more than I sold the winterforces.

If I didn't dig up parking lots, I wouldn't have even bothered with selling the winterforce and buying new. But oh well.

I've been hemorrhaging money too, but what's another couple hundred?
grin.gif
I can't really find too much in the way of reviews on this tire, other than a couple of short YouTube videos. I found an online review from some Canadian site that mentioned they were a little noisier and harder than most winter tires, but wear well. Overall I think they rated them below-average, but also said they were possibly the best out of the 'budget' winter tires they tested. I have to imagine that even the cheapest winter tire still spanks any all-season when it comes to snow/ice/cold temps.

Came up with $590 for a set of falkens installed, and I would get a 75 dollar mail in rebate.

For 18 inch wheels.

Not too bad, but I wonder what the labor day sale is going to be? Not just the pre labor day?

Checked every retailer and most are around 600-700 out the door so Discount Tire is cheapest, but not by a ton.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The tread pattern looks similar to these ( http://s266.photobucket.com/user/sheridan68/media/march2008111.jpg.html ) which were the best snow tires I have had. Except directional. I think they will do well.

I can't imagine anything being louder than Winterforce tires. Especially studded winterforce tires.

The Champiro Ice Pros actually look a lot like the General Altimax Arctic, FWIW.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Came up with $590 for a set of falkens installed, and I would get a 75 dollar mail in rebate.

For 18 inch wheels.

Not too bad, but I wonder what the labor day sale is going to be? Not just the pre labor day?

Checked every retailer and most are around 600-700 out the door so Discount Tire is cheapest, but not by a ton.

Regarding the Pre-Labor Day/Labor Day sale, that was my original purpose in starting this thread. It seems that some places have pre-sales, and others have sales during or after Labor Day, but not both. My research backed this up as well, for tires at least, so I bit the bullet now.

Originally Posted By: JustinH

For 18 inch wheels.

Regarding the Pre-Labor Day/Labor Day sale, that was my original purpose in starting this thread. It seems that some places have pre-sales, and others have sales during or after Labor Day, but not both. My research backed this up as well, for tires at least, so I bit the bullet now.

With my luck, the price will drop for the real sale. I'm going to be "offline" for that whole weekend in the woods. No cell service. So won't be able to participate

I just looked on dtd and their tire options for my cars were quite poor. I was surprised. The $100 back plus free shipping helps, but not if you can't get what you want.

Tire rack seems to be giving $50 back on anything without a current deal.

I'm trying to figure when to buy a set of PSS for my 135, but Costco isn't offering cash back, tr wants $50 to ship, and dtd doesn't seem to offer them.

Just got a set of Konig Incident 17" wheels with matching Vogue UHP tires for 600 bucks after rebates. There are some killer deals on tires and wheels on there.

Originally Posted By: MrGiggles
Just got a set of Konig Incident 17" wheels with matching Vogue UHP tires for 600 bucks after rebates. There are some killer deals on tires and wheels on there.

That's really good. I already received my wheels and tires in the mail... less than one day from order placement to my doorstep.

I just ordered Michelin Xice Xi3 for my Focus (215/55R16). We shall see how it goes.
First time buying from DTD.

Krzys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back