Galaxy Core Prime Reviews/Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for new phones for my parents - they are considering smartphones for the first time.

Plan is a phone on Verizon, they would like to keep it to the cheaper end of the spectrum, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this phone, feedback, known issues, etc.

Other recommendations are welcome, I'd prefer Android mostly because I feel like when I get inevitable questions I'll be of more assistance since I have an S5.

TIA.

The weak link in this phone is the 1GB RAM. Apps are getting more and more RAM intensive these days, and the phone can quickly get bogged down due to insufficient RAM. My Razr M is a good example of this. My next phone will have 2 GB RAM minimum.

But I guess it depends on how your parents will be using the phone and how many apps they'll end up installing.

The Moto E on Verizon is a far better choice and in the same price range if you shop around eg Best Buy.

There is also a trick to getting it working as an unlocked GSM phone.

I have this phone from Verizon. With Verizon Edge Plan it costs only $8 a month for 24 months with $25 discount from $40 access fee. I have family plan for 4 phones with 10GB shared data, the other 3 are Apple 6 at $18/mo. My total monthly cost is around $180 include the phone costs of around $60 for 2 years. I think this is the cheapest smart phone Verizon has.

As Pete said, if only few apps are installed it is okay. I installed only Waze so far, so I have no problem with memory capacity. My data usage is around 0.1-0.2GB, other family members use about 2.5-3.0GB.

Originally Posted By: Benito
The Moto E on Verizon is a far better choice and in the same price range if you shop around eg Best Buy.

I see BB sells it as a prepaid solution. Is there any issue using it as a post paid phone if you already have a Verizon plan?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I see BB sells it as a prepaid solution. Is there any issue using it as a post paid phone if you already have a Verizon plan?

Sorry no idea.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Sorry no idea.

I see it's also sold by Verizon ($69.99) as a prepaid option, but not a contracted phone (even though as I understand the new pricing, there is no contract).

I just had a talk with Verizon customer service. If a device is sold as a prepaid device, you must keep it on an active prepaid plan for at least 6 months before they'll let you activate it on a postpaid plan.

I have had that phone for the last 4 months. I love it. Does everything without issue. I have plenty of apps on it and it's still pretty fast IMHO. Works ten times better than my old iPhone 4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back