Reporter/cameraman killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone following this? The nut posted the video of the murders on Youtube. Unbelievable.

My overseas friends were shocked because it made news. They thought it was a terrorist attack or something.

Looks like the shooter is not Muslim so it's not a terrorist attack.

That is pretty crazy. I am surprised it hasn't happened before in places where riots are going on and reporters are there in the mix, but this just seemed like a regular interview.

All I can say is SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Although I doubt the outcome would have been different in this case.

Gunman believed to a "disgruntled employee" of the television station. So he executes fellow employees??? [censored]? Also saw where police were in pursuit of him in his vehicle on I-81.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
My overseas friends were shocked because it made news. They thought it was a terrorist attack or something.

Since when do you have to be a muslim to be a terrorist? (tip: oklahoma city bombing)

Originally Posted By: Jetronic

Since when do you have to be a muslim to be a terrorist? (tip: oklahoma city bombing)

Muslims are immediately labeled as terrorists. White terrorists are labeled as "lone wolves" with "troubled past".

Look at the terror attack in the North Carolina church a couple of months ago. The cops even bought him burgers while taking him to jail even though he had just executed 9 people.

The cops even bought him burgers while taking him to jail even though he had just executed 9 people.
I've seen that nonsense a lot. Jail had no kitchen. What were they suppose to do?

Originally Posted By: hatt
All I can say is SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Although I doubt the outcome would have been different in this case.

If you are talking about the two shot, I don't believe there was any way. They seem to have been ambushed from a distance, snuck up on, preoccupied with their job of live TV, and I don't think there is anything they could have done.. I don't even think they would have had time to draw their own weapons and defend themselves, if they had CCW. And I'm a pro-CCW advocate.

However, yes, situational awareness is key. Also, to always leave yourself an out of anywhere you go into. Absolutely.

This seems a disgruntled local, maybe someone with an axe to grind with one of them, but, definitely homegrown and lone wolf. I don't even think it's a terror attack. Seems like a regular murder.

Saw the video on AOL.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
This is going on just down the road from me, he just shot himself here on I66...

Well at least the coward didn't waste societies time and money dealing with him after he committed the murders.

So sad that there are such sick people out there.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Maybe shooter was interested in dating her and she said NO ?

If that's the case then (they will say that) he should never have had firearms.

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio

???? So if you were ever turned down for a date, you cant own a gun?

Originally Posted By: morepwr

This is not my personal feelings on the matter, no. If certain people in Congress had their way, that would be the truth. You missed my sarcasm.

Make no mistake about it, though.. This is the attitude of the anti-gunners.

This is not my personal feelings on the matter, no. If certain people in Congress had their way, that would be the truth. You missed my sarcasm.

blush.gif
sorry. I missed the sarcasm in that.

I don't know what kind of anti-gunner you are, but I have not seen such nonsense by any others.

Originally Posted By: hatt

If you are talking about the two shot, I don't believe there was any way. They seem to have been ambushed from a distance, snuck up on, preoccupied with their job of live TV, and I don't think there is anything they could have done.. I don't even think they would have had time to draw their own weapons and defend themselves, if they had CCW. And I'm a pro-CCW advocate.

However, yes, situational awareness is key. Also, to always leave yourself an out of anywhere you go into. Absolutely.

This seems a disgruntled local, maybe someone with an axe to grind with one of them, but, definitely homegrown and lone wolf. I don't even think it's a terror attack. Seems like a regular murder.

Saw the video on AOL.
You didn't see the video the SHOOTER posted. He was just standing there pointing a gun.

The big question is how did Vester Flanagan/Bryce Williams know where his ex-colleagues were going to be at 6:45 this morning? Someone must have tipped him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back