DTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a big, big business. If you like high tech, just take a close look at one of these cars. I'd hate to think one one of these rocket ships really costs to build and develop to say nothing of the cost to run just one season.

The pressure to win is the cause of a lot of bad manners and behavior.

I love DTM, so happy that it is finally on TV here. As far as radio communications, they are private and as fans, we should feel privileged that teams allow us to listen in. It would not be hard at all to go all digital and scramble the radio traffic. Anything said over the radio is a private communication and should be treated as such by the media.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I love DTM, so happy that it is finally on TV here. As far as radio communications, they are private and as fans, we should feel privileged that teams allow us to listen in. It would not be hard at all to go all digital and scramble the radio traffic. Anything said over the radio is a private communication and should be treated as such by the media.

It's monitored in Formula 1 and certain types of instructions are subject to penalty.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
It's monitored in Formula 1 and certain types of instructions are subject to penalty.

I wish it wasn't. I know that now it isn't allowed, but if I were a team owner and could do it, I would have all my radios scrambled or at the least not give out my frequency.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

I wish it wasn't. I know that now it isn't allowed, but if I were a team owner and could do it, I would have all my radios scrambled or at the least not give out my frequency.

From what I see of F1 and all it's rules that's probably illegal too!

Yes, that's the rule.

Originally Posted By: 2015 Formula One Technical Regulations, 8.7
Other than authorised connections to the FIA ECU, any voice radio communication system between car and pits must be stand-
alone and must not transmit or receive other data. All such communications must be open and accessible to both the FIA and
broadcasters.

Source.

Scheider was subsequently disqualified and now it seems that Audi may face further penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back