Aftermarket reticles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping there may be some other long range/ELR bolt gunners in here who could help answer this for me.

My long range rifle is a Sub-MOA Weatherby chambered in 300 win. Mag, KDF threaded muzzle break, topped with a Zeiss 4.5-14x44 with one piece forged base rings all of which were purchased in 2006. At that time, the Zeiss was considered one of the best peices of glass out there, and I must admit, it has been an awesome optic. I love it and have taken many animals at varying distances with it.

At the time I purchased it, the only reticle available was the Z plex reticle. Not a bad reticle, consistently on paper out to 500 yards or so, but beyond that shots are much more difficult than if I had a mil dot, BDC or other reticle.

I emailed Zeiss to see if they could replace the reticle for me, but they said they no longer offer that service. Of course not.
mad.gif
Is there any company that installs aftermarket reticles, especially those that are calibrated for the round I am using?

i have heard that Most companies will only change reticles in the scopes they made, not other brands. I'm not against using a third party company, but i would like them to be reputable, not just a chuck in a truck type operation.

I love my Zeiss and am not looking to replace it. I would much rather replace the reticle than drop $2k+ on a new optic.

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back