Anyone here vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff has got me off smoking for almost a year now.

Very Happy with it.

Google "Vaping"

Also there are constant giveaways in this industry, I will link one that also is a referral for me to have a chance to win more vape gear.

Give it a shot if you are a 2 pack a day guy/girl like I used to be.

Easiest way to quit. (Was for me anyhow)

Giveaway

Vaping is nothing more than a stupid habit, and using it to quit smoking is trading one stupid habit for another. If you want to quit smoking, quit it altogether. Don't simply use an adult pacifier.

So, you're not smoking...but you're sucking chemicals into your lungs every day?

How is using the e-cig better for you than smoking? Still sucking chemicals into your lungs..

I'm not anti-smoking, I've got two humidors with some really good cigars, but I think you're kidding yourself that vaping is safe, or better than smoking.

Huffing paint cans or aerosol cleaner would get you off cigarettes, too...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
So, you're not smoking...but you're sucking chemicals into your lungs every day?

How is using the e-cig better for you than smoking? Still sucking chemicals into your lungs..

Not to inject research and fact into what should be a purely emotional debate but here goes.

I don't vape or smoke. The danger in smoking has never been nicotine, which is a mild but addictive stimulant. The danger has always been the tar and byproducts of combustion, both of which are absent in ecigs.

Much like caffeine, another mild but addictive stimulant, is typically delivered via a sugar-filled acidic beverage. Caffeine does not give you ulcers or diabetes, but drinking Cokes or double mocha lattes can.

Quote:
Electronic cigarettes are around 95 percent less harmful than tobacco and should be promoted as a tool to help smokers quit, a study by an agency of Britain's Department of Health said on Wednesday.

Most of the chemicals that cause smoking-related diseases are absent in e-cigarettes and the current best estimate is that e-cigarette use is around 95 percent less harmful to health than smoking, the study said.

Passive inhalation from an e-cigarette was also much less harmful.

The Public Health England study said e-cigarettes, which are already the most popular quitting aids in Britain and the United States, could be a cheap way to reduce smoking in deprived areas where there remains a high proportion of smokers.

It criticized media campaigns that have called e-cigarettes equally or even more harmful than smoking that could serve as a "gateway" to tobacco cigarettes among teenagers.

"There is no evidence that e-cigarettes are undermining England's falling smoking rates," said Professor Ann McNeil who helped author the study.

"Instead the evidence consistently finds that e-cigarettes are another tool for stopping smoking and in my view smokers should try vaping, and vapers should stop smoking entirely," she added.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/18/us-health-britain-ecigarettes-idUSKCN0QN2AC20150818

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Vaping is nothing more than a stupid habit, and using it to quit smoking is trading one stupid habit for another. If you want to quit smoking, quit it altogether. Don't simply use an adult pacifier.

The research indicates otherwise.

Last edited:
So, it's nice clean chemical intake?

OK...any thought given to the idea of not inhaling chemicals as being the best option for your health?

By the way, I smoke about 3 or 4 of those cigars a year...mostly keep them to share with friends...not burn through several a day to feed a chemical addiction...

The chemical I vape is the exact same inert chemical my doctor has me put on my eyeballs twice a day. I'm assuming it's pretty safe if it can go in my eyeballs.

With the amount of harmful chemicals already in the atmosphere, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference if somebody 'vapes' or not..

So, it's nice clean chemical intake?

OK...any thought given to the idea of not inhaling chemicals as being the best option for your health?

I didn't say it was perfectly clean, totally harmless or a good idea. The OP said he is not smoking anymore because he had replaced cigarettes with vaping. My comment was a reaction to:

Quote:
How is using the e-cig better for you than smoking?

And provided a link to a study showing that vaping is about 20 times less harmful than smoking, so the OP is doing himself a huge health favor by finding a new nicotine delivery system.

I'm sure if you listed your habits, there would be plenty for others to criticize and quibble with. Plenty of folks think drinking coffee or wine is sinful. Or owning guns, or eating meat or driving a gas guzzler.

I guess my feeling was that the OP was a grown man and capable of making his own decisions without online judgment from someone with incorrect information.

As a transition from smoking, sure it's an improvement...but not quite the improvement that quitting would be...

I think it's a myth that e-cigs are "safe"...safer? sure...but not safe...they're still a risk, and I wonder why take the risk for a puff of vapor?

I read your news link, along with several others...I've got sailors that use these things and the claim of "95% of the harmful chemicals are not present" does NOT describe the risk accurately...the remaining 5% do not comprise 5% of the risk...they might be a lot more...

Not enough studies, and not enough time to collect the data, to make that risk determination.

I take lots of risks, just getting on a highway with all the morons that are out there is a risk...but those risks are well understood, well-quantified, and reasonably considered.

This practice is new, and the risks are not known...so please don't get "holier than thou" about how safe it is...that just isn't known yet...

Last edited:
As a transition from smoking, sure it's an improvement...but not quite the improvement that quitting would be...

That was my point exactly.

I think it's a myth that e-cigs are "safe"...safer? sure...but not safe...they're still a risk

An interesting point coming from a cigar smoker. Sure you don't smoke very much, which makes it safer, but it's not quite the improvement that not smoking at all would be.

I wonder why take the risk for a puff of vapor?

Is it all right with you if people enjoy activities that might not be the healthiest thing in the world for them?

Why risk heart disease and diabetes by eating cookies or bacon?
Why risk liver disease for a glass or beer or wine?
Why risk toxoplasmosis by having a dog?
Why risk death by blunt trauma by living in a two-story house?

I do all of the above. I await your judgment.

This practice is new, and the risks are not known...so please don't get "holier than thou" about how safe it is...that just isn't known yet...

One of us treated the OP like an adult capable of making his own decisions. I will leave it to the other readers which one of us has a holier than thou attitude.

So the question is how does one rid themselves of vaping addiction once stepped down from ciggs? Do one even want to be free from it or have they arrived at where they want to be?

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
So the question is how does one rid themselves of vaping addiction once stepped down from ciggs? Do one even want to be free from it or have they arrived at where they want to be?

Then move on to snuff.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen

Some people just vape for the [censored] of it. I use no nicotine in my fluids.

Some interesting responses.

But in the end, If you do not need or want to vape, you do not
have to.

I appreciate what I personally have gotten out of it.

Now I am going to go and relax with a nice vape and a glass of Makers Mark
smile.gif

Anything to help someone quit smoking is worth its weight in gold imo. Smoking is probably the worst thing you can do to your body. Wish I'd been the one to invent the e-cig and vaporizer!

The way I see it,you smoke a huge slab of meat to cook it (beef brisket). Imagine what smoking does to your lungs. Cooks them?

I've never smoked,never have,and never will. It's disgusting.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Much to the chagrin of a lot of people, the electronic cigarette was a Chinese invention. Yes, they actually invented something.
laugh.gif

Id suspect that the original cigarette, and smoking of dried plants were not American-invented and "made in USA" innovations, so what's your point?

Having recently been in Nevada, I saw smoke shots and marijuana "doctors" on practically every corner. Apparently there is lots of money to be had in the "vaping" industry, either at the expense of the cigarette industry, or in parallel to it.

I have no issue with flavored tobacco hookah, or even occasional smoking of cigars/pipes. But I find cigarette smoking pretty gross, with this not far behind. Inhaling electrically-released "flavors" and stimulants? I dont find much art or pleasure myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back