NEW Bosch #3330 (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this filter was given to me. Didn't feel like using it on my car so decided to see if Purolator has "improved" LOL!

21m708y.jpg

21m708y.jpg

288mnic.jpg

2wfnsr7.jpg

dpa4u8.jpg

20p3azo.jpg

i6idj8.jpg

Don't see Filtech on it. Are the Filtech different than the one you cut open?

Bosch is made by Purolator sir. Never saw a Filtech to be honest or I haven't paid attention. I apologize

Originally Posted By: car51
Bosch is made by Purolator sir. Never saw a Filtech to be honest or I haven't paid attention. I apologize

What I mean is that it does not say it has the Filtech filtration system. All the ones that I have seen look different than yours.

You may be thinking of perhaps a Bosch Distance +. I could be wrong and hopefully someone that knows more than me will chime in

Raysteng: look at pic #5&7 and then decide. I don't like that spacing and filter media between end caps seems "shrunk". My analysis says "NO THANKS"

Originally Posted By: car51
Raysteng: look at pic #5&7 and then decide. I don't like that spacing and filter media between end caps seems "shrunk". My analysis says "NO THANKS"

Wow. What is next? Color issues?

The pleat spacing at the seam looks a bit better than usual. Since it's a pretty recent build, maybe Purolator is trying to tighten up the spacing some near the seam. The "V-spread" looks small, which helps to prevent media side stress when the oil is flowing though the filter.

Thanks for the cut & post car51.
grin.gif

I got one of this with an Autozone oil deal... Didnt use it. I have a Fram Ultra on both my ladys car and mine
smile.gif

I cut the same model open, it had a metal crimp instead of glued seam, and the can graphics was the older version. My "feeling" is they have made some changes. Was the ADBV properly fitted? I still won't use this version because of the one I got with the tilted ADBV, regardless of the other issues.
The other thing I don't care for on these is the smaller diameter media compared to the end caps. Don't know why the do that except to save media.
I installed Win 10 on my Dell, and the SD reader won't work now, so no pictures.
Thanks for the effort. I find it valuable to see new filters cut open as well as the oily mess ones.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Question is, do you think the 3330/PL10241 would've torn if put into service?

Based on the photos of this particular Bosch 3330 I would say it probably wouldn't have torn in service. V-spread is pretty small on this one compared to examples that showed the typical media tears.

Question is ... are they all coming off the assembly line like this one or not? It's gonna take some time to see evidence of any real changes going on.

Actually since the element diameter is quite a bit smaller than the end caps, I see now the element is actually off to one side, a lot. The endcaps center the filter on the base, and the center tube should be holding the media close to it, so there is something very wrong going on. Look at the side picture, the top and bottom are off center to the element. I want to say nice things, but this is a fail. This is why new filters are good to see opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back