Poll: what filters would you folks like to see cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am about to cut a Bosch #3330 that's unused. What filters new or used would the BITOG family like to see cut open? Any suggestions? I have on deck a Valvoline filter from a 11' Altima, Purolator L-1222 from a compass, and a "Made in Mexico" TEC Select #3614

If in any way I can help folks here this is one way to do my 2cenrs worth
34.gif
11.gif

I would vote you cut open all of the used filters.... I would rather see the unused filter given away then cut open.

I will do my best guys. I may have a platinum coming this weekend as friend of mine with a 02' Ram had one in with some PUP and 13k so far

I am doing something along the lines of this. I have been buying all kinds of random filters off the Rockauto clearances. Hardest part is deciding which is next lol

I'd like to see the swearing filter on this site cut.

This is mostly for the benefit of you Americans. It bothers me that I can bypass it using British obscenities. Seems unfair.

Or am I just being an ARSE?

(See?)

Donaldson would be cool. Most of the filters i have wanted to see cut open i managed to find, but not a recent donaldson one. Havent seen an acdelco filter cut in a while either. Fleetgaurd? That would be cool

After searching your posts i see you have cut open 2 acdelco filters, thanks for those posts! I like the thread end bypass so i have been using wix. I think ill try one of these. Do you know what filtration efficiency they are supposed to have? I looked on their website and it looks like they have about 5 lines of oil filters but give the same vauge description for them all. When you cut apart acdelco versus a wix or napa gold whats your opinion on the build quality of each?
Thanks

Would like to see a new orange can PH8A cut. Seems Fram may have finally added a few more pleats to those and the PH16, post Feb 2015 production.

Long overdue but would like to verify. One updated PH16 was posted here I have another one to check myself, but no PH8A.

I'm currently using an Austrian Mahle OC47/Redline 5w30, will post dissection pictures in about 9800 miles with a link back to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back