Mityvac MV8020 for bleeding brakes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys tried this tool for bleeding brakes? Does it work?

39522_zzz_500.jpg

It works. The trick is getting a good seal on the bleeder. It's OK if it sucks a little bit of air because the vacuum draws the bubbles into the pump, not the caliper or cylinder.

Now that I have it, I use it for all kinds of stuff, like diagnosing vacuum actuators and finding small vacuum leaks.

Thanks for the replies fellas. After watching numerous YouTube videos about the Motive Products Power Bleeder, I'm going to go with that. They make one for my car that just screws on in place of the brake reservoir cap; I don't even have to use a universal adapter.

Just gravity bled both my truck and my mustang. Truck had original fluid, new fluid looked better but no other change; that one was nice and fast too. The Mustang fluid came out almost black with no bubbles/air and doing a complete fluid exchange with gravity bleed made a VERY noticeable difference in pedal feel. That car also took much longer despite the shorter lines, I suspect that is because the vertical distance between the calipers and MC is pretty small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back