I just dropped my QUE 5.5 phone 5 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally. Walking in here, I dropped it, exiting my truck. Phone did about 4 somersaults, now the bottom of the screen doesn't want to press.

About how much will a phone store want to replace that screen? I did not expect this.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
~ $100 I heard.

Sounds about right. That's what I paid when my older, bigger phone took a dive.

I'm going to take it here, to Wintech. This guy is good and doesn't rip you. If it's $100 you'll pay $100 here. Not if it's $100 you'll pay like $180 or so, like other places.

Link to reviews of Wintech phone place, first result

btw I love my little Que 5.5 device. At first I thought the phone was not going to work but I had it reprogrammed somewhere and now it is simply awesome. I would recommend to anyone. Here is linky. QUE 5.5 on Amazon

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
~ $100 I heard.

I'm going to take it here, to Wintech. This guy is good and doesn't rip you. If it's $100 you'll pay $100 here. Not if it's $100 you'll pay like $180 or so, like other places.

btw I love my little Que 5.5 device. At first I thought the phone was not going to work but I had it reprogrammed somewhere and now it is simply awesome. I would recommend to anyone. Here is linky. QUE 5.5 on Amazon

You answered your own question 5 minutes after starting the thread. Kinda odd.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
~ $100 I heard.

I'm an odd fellow. I would have to ask your point.

In any case, I'm about to run ti up there. I will let you all know if it was the $100 since I have to get it fixed, by default.. Curious as to the price.

Have a nice day!

so you're gonna pay some schmo $100(maybe) to fix a phone that only costs $119?

I'd just buy another phone. that way you know it will work right.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
~ $100 I heard.

You wouldn't find it odd if you were familiar with his previous aliases on here.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
so you're gonna pay some schmo $100(maybe) to fix a phone that only costs $119?

I'd just buy another phone. that way you know it will work right.

That is what I would do.

It should not cost more than $20 to fix.

That phone is 119$ on amazon.. did you get a discount for working there?

btw thats a really [censored] phone dual core 1.3ghz???

get a moto g or something decent.

or you could even get a HTC Desire 610 for cheaper and that's quad core.

P.S. Welcome back GHT.. please dont go off your meds this time.

Last edited:
^^^^^

... The verdict: I got lost on the way to the phone store, glad my truck has a really good transmission. Anyways. I got there about an hour before they closed. Guy took one look and told me it would be "just about impossible" to find new glass for a QUE 5.5.

So, saddened, I asked him if he had any used phones. I came out of there with some kind of a Samsung Galaxy S3 (since they have so many names once they get to the pre-paid carrier market) and I paid $75 for it. he wasn't able to get the service switched, for some weird reason.

I took it back to my main phone store and they told me that I should have come there first. They had the same phone for $40, though I did not ask to see it, and they switched over my service no problem. I went to the other store because when i first got my QUE 5.5, it did not work properly after leaving their store. Text and phone only. It is when I went to Court the next day, and popped in to a random local store, that I left with a working phone. Which then did the quadruple somersault, as mentioned.)

I am very tempted to get a QUE 6.0 since the Samsung is working wonderfully, but, dammit, it is so small. I also got a car vent phone holder so that this likely will not happen again (driving with phone on my lap since forever, much like the cupholder on a manual transmission car.. right there, between the legs.)

So.. I technically have my phone back, but I may get a QUE 6.0 this time. QUE 5.5 is good but I feel like I had it already now.

Another question: Why does the Samsung seem to be a smoother phone than the QUE? Not only do I get Called IDs I had not seen before, but it seems like a faster menu navigation. And the speech recognition works better. However. Even with my small hands, I have been spoiled by the screens 6" and up. (My previous phone was larger than 6" before the QUE 5.5. Got the 5.5 to save $40 over the 6.0. And liked it. Now it may be a 6.0.) ?

And why did the QUE have to be "programmed again" to work with data properly?

Another question: Why does the Samsung seem to be a smoother phone than the QUE? Not only do I get Called IDs I had not seen before, but it seems like a faster menu navigation.

Doesn't the S3 have a quad core processor, as opposed to dual core on the Que?

The S3 might also have a better GPU, not really sure since I couldn't find what GPU the Que is using. Que appears to be a Yugo of smartphones, and the reviews on Amazon confirm it. You get what you pay for, Joseph.

S3 was a killer device, for a phone released over 3 years ago it still is a good performer.

OK I figured out I got some kind of S3 Mini, not S3 itself. Since the S3 would have at least been liveable.

This S3 variant is like having a Blackberry (remember those.)

So I am surfing CL.. selectively.. to see if I can get back with my beloved Yugo of phones. Since there wouldn't be anything preventing a drop/fall without a case on the QUE.

Will keep everyone posted. Left the whatever Metro PCS S3 Mini I got in the car.

^^ I know this because this http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mob/5192136318.html is an S3 and what I have even looks like a Blackberry so I apologize for stating I had an S3. (Don't worry.. it's not a Blackberry. It's Samsung branded and I forgot they even made an S3. And dishdude is right, it's a perfect phone, and there is nothing wrong with it, aside that I slightly overpaid. It even has a case. The issue is that I have been spoiled with 6.3" phone. Spoiled rotten. 5.5" was nice but now it is on to the next one..)

I also see an Unlocked iPhone for $70, though I wonder what I can do with an iPhone as I am so used to Android, with my music players and Waze apps, etc so i may pass on that.

Also, that the phone pictured is unlocked Verizon.. Won't work on my GSM system.

So the search continues.. I have a functioning S3 Mini a.t.m.

Ok. Latest: I might just get a Micromax A110 or Canvas 2 and upgrade its Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich to Lollipop 5.0 via l Launcher.

Phone review - http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/micromax-a110-superfone-canvas-2-review-324251

Phone itself - http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mob/5189927703.html

If it is still available, i will consider it problem solved. Talking a .5" hit on my Que. At least it has cases available..

What intrigues me is the "FM Radio" support. I would LOVE to listen to FM Radio. How does that work? (On a phone)

Ok.
Got the A110..
Love it.
SIM 1 had pins out of its SIM card slot (??,) SIM 2 works well.
Discovered my S3 Mini rebrand is in perfect condition. This is good.
Got some M04 wireless headphones.. brand is slipping my mind. Starts with A.
A110 has Bluetooth; no NFC.
So..
Can't use them with that (with no cord.)

So.

The debate continues.

For now, I have a phone that works great when it catches Metro PCS satellite otherwise. Headphone volume kinda low.. Looking for an app for that.

Cool.

And Yugos are awesome. I like other European vehicles, though. Turbo, AWD "bricks."

Samsung Galaxy Alpha. OMG I love this phone.

Samsung-Galaxy-Alpha-white-front-back.jpg

samsung-galaxy-alpha_baef537f94493640.jpg

^^ Those both factory or Internet photos. Mine is an SM-G850A.

It's incredible, and I have not had one single issue with it yet.

It wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back