I'd like to try vegetarian BUT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Just ordered a couple 1.75" Ribeyes, pick-up tomorrow afternoon.

You can eat this weekly with proper exercise cardio along with weightlifting gaining muscle and burnig fat I know cause I have done it and still do.

It's not the protein and fat that make you fat, it's the carbs! Enjoy the ribeye and the broccoli, skip the potato and bread!

Haha I always make a HUGE baked potato saturated in real butter and cheddar cheese on mine :^)

What I wonder about vegetarians,is all of them that I've known have always been weak and fragile,bone skinny,and are constantly sick. Don't you need red meat to maintain muscle,iron,and red blood cells?

When I grill ribeyes,I'll usually eat 2 or 3 of them in one sitting :^D

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Don't you need red meat to maintain muscle,iron,and red blood cells?

protein.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Just ordered a couple 1.75" Ribeyes, pick-up tomorrow afternoon.

You can eat this weekly with proper exercise cardio along with weightlifting gaining muscle and burnig fat I know cause I have done it and still do.

It's not the protein and fat that make you fat, it's the carbs! Enjoy the ribeye and the broccoli, skip the potato and bread!

Seems funny though, the heaviest people in tne world eat the most meat. The thinnest are vegetarians....think Medeterrean diet.

Those heavy people in the cartoon are eating chicken, which isn't red meat.
wink.gif
I get a lot of grief from people for how much red meat I eat. That's the only way I can ensure I don't poison myself from undercooking meat. If it's red, I know how to cook it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Seems funny though, the heaviest people in tne world eat the most meat.

BUT,that meat that the most obese people eat is fried chicken,not beef. Good old red beef is the best sustenance you can put into your body. Loaded with iron,protein,and produces healthy red blood cells.

Tonight I'm an equal opportunity meat eater. In front of me I have a whole smoked chicken (which I prefer the dark meat),a HUGE helping of beef brisket,and some smoked pork ribs. Plus a huge side of ranch potatoes covered in cheddar cheese and real butter,YUM!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: philipp10

Seems funny though, the heaviest people in the world eat the most meat.

Fixed it for you. They heaviest people eat the most. Period. They eat the most meat, but that's a lawyer's distinction because they eat more of everything.

It's like making a statement that a V8 engine has 6cylinders.
Technically yes, as it is true that a V8 has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 as well as 8cylinders. So all those statements are true.

Last edited:
I have two daughters, one is a vegan, a black belt and she would probably kick your back side, or at least make you seriously regret any unwanted advances directed her way.

My younger daughter is a vegetarian. I doubt many posting here could keep up with her at the gym for her approximately hour long workout.

Neither is unhealthy.

I'm not about to dis either option, nor am I about to adopt them. But when done intelligently, (IE you could be a vegetarian and exist on cookies, but that's not healthy) it's a healthy way to get your necessary nutrients.

What I wonder about vegetarians,is all of them that I've known have always been weak and fragile,bone skinny,and are constantly sick. Don't you need red meat to maintain muscle,iron,and red blood cells?

Most people that eat vegetarian in the US are not doing it right. Go talk to a person from India. They are not weak nor ever sick. And no, you don't need meat if you mix your beans and lentil correctly. BTW, most vegetarians are of normal weight. Most people you see in America are over weight and therefore our concept of what is over and under weight is skewed. Your so used to seeing heavy people that when you see a proper weight person, you think they are weak and under weight.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
one is a vegan, a black belt and she would probably kick your back side

Somehow I REALLY doubt that. We could always put her in the ring with my meat eating muscled up female neighbor and see how strong a "vegan" is haha.

She's a gold medalist at the World Karate Games a few years ago, so it would probably be a good match.

one is a vegan, a black belt and she would probably kick your back side

Somehow I REALLY doubt that. We could always put her in the ring with my meat eating muscled up female neighbor and see how strong a "vegan" is haha.

Also, check this guy... vegan or vegetarian doesn't mean weak or sickly.

Patrik Baboumian (born 1 July 1979) is an Armenian-German strongman competitor, psychologist and former bodybuilder. Baboumian has been a vegetarian since 2005, and became a vegan in 2011. In November 2011 Baboumian became the new face of a campaign by the animal-rights organization PETA, advocating a vegan diet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian

Funny, my younger daughter (16) is into climbing. Like I said, neither are weaklings or malnourished by any stretch.

Funny, my younger daughter (16) is into climbing. Like I said, neither are weaklings or malnourished by any stretch.

Climbing is great fun and a good workout. I recommend outdoor stuff, vs the gym, though. Much better views!

108854458_medium_20aa7a.jpg

in Utah (Indian Creek) last year

Quote:

Seems funny though, the heaviest people in tne world eat the most meat. The thinnest are vegetarians....think Medeterrean diet.
The heaviest people in the world eat the most processed food. Meat doesn't make you fat. Corn 10,000 ways makes you fat.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
couple of onions, a sweet potato, half a head of cauliflower, some green beans and peas, an Indian "curry" powder (Keens will do), and a tin of coconut cream...lunches for 4 days, and you don't miss meat at all.

2 alternatives, based on ingredients you mentioned, you will not catch any cold, but i'm not sure you can kiss the missus:
- green beans, and you make a very thick sauce (mayonesse consistence like) from finely crushed garlic cloves, salt, some ground black pepper, oil (olive, sunflower, coconut, etc) (added one teaspoon at a time)
-fried breaded half-boiled cauliflower stems with a paste made from: farmers cheese, salt, pepper, finely chopped dill or celery leafs, sour cream, bit of yogurt, some finely chopped/crushed garlic cloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back