Exterminator Bill For Previous Owner & DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just hung up with the exterminator and they said I was not liable for the bill and they'll cancel the service and reach out to the previous owner.

Glad that's off my hands. I'll be buying a battery powered sprayer and using some of the aforementioned chemicals to do it bi-monthly myself.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
How do you know the service was setup by the PO for every other month?

It says it on the receipt.

It sounds like they were legit and did the right thing. My question; however, was meant to say: the company could have left a receipt with the previous owner's information, hoping that you, the new owner, would negotiate a deal or pay the bill, in full.

It's not the same, but my wife said that a couple of girls came to our door while I was at work, claiming that the condo management had sent them to clean our place. My wife is on the board, and when she mentioned this to the two ladies, they converted their schtick to, "well, do you want to have your place cleaned, anyway?" They were going door-to-door, hoping to....well, I don't know.

From how my wife described it, they didn't sound like they were casing the joint or anything. It sounded more like they wanted to get their foot in the door, hoping to either impress us to secure future business or start cleaning before we come to our senses and then argue that we owe them for services they conned us into accepting.

How do you know the service was setup by the PO for every other month?

It says it on the receipt.

It sounds like they were legit and did the right thing. My question; however, was meant to say: the company could have left a receipt with the previous owner's information, hoping that you, the new owner, would negotiate a deal or pay the bill, in full.

It's not the same, but my wife said that a couple of girls came to our door while I was at work, claiming that the condo management had sent them to clean our place. My wife is on the board, and when she mentioned this to the two ladies, they converted their schtick to, "well, do you want to have your place cleaned, anyway?" They were going door-to-door, hoping to....well, I don't know.

From how my wife described it, they didn't sound like they were casing the joint or anything. It sounded more like they wanted to get their foot in the door, hoping to either impress us to secure future business or start cleaning before we come to our senses and then argue that we owe them for services they conned us into accepting.

This is good to know. I never thought about this strategy and I do have an HOA, so this is really good to know. I have noticed people coming by and knocking on the door, but I don't answer without notice.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I have to ask, what are you treating for, and how many times a year?

Well, the receipt didn't mention any specific nuisance issue and since I'm new to the property, I have not seen any signs of any sort of infestation. Assuming this was a legit procedure that the PO had done, it looks like it worked out for the best.

With that being said, from doing a bit of research online, it looks like with regards to insects, it is best to do something every other month as preventative maintenance. With that being said, I'll be putting something down every other month and will likely do one big ramp up towards the beginning of the winter months (have not decided exactly when yet) so that anything that wants to make a last ditch effort to get inside gets eliminated in the process.

I'm still researching treatment options to be honest, but there are some recommendations on this thread that I'll definitely be utilizing.

Well I ordered the DIY stuff from the link above, I am thinking at the least use it to extend the professional treatments out to quarterly and use the DIY stuff in between the professional treatments.

Mix as directed, not "I'll double it for twice the kill".
It's the good stuff, so no need to go beyond the label (in fact, you violate the registered use if you do, but again, it's good enough as it is.)

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I have to ask, what are you treating for, and how many times a year?

Well, the receipt didn't mention any specific nuisance issue and since I'm new to the property, I have not seen any signs of any sort of infestation. Assuming this was a legit procedure that the PO had done, it looks like it worked out for the best.

With that being said, from doing a bit of research online, it looks like with regards to insects, it is best to do something every other month as preventative maintenance. With that being said, I'll be putting something down every other month and will likely do one big ramp up towards the beginning of the winter months (have not decided exactly when yet) so that anything that wants to make a last ditch effort to get inside gets eliminated in the process.

I'm still researching treatment options to be honest, but there are some recommendations on this thread that I'll definitely be utilizing.

I didn't realize you are in Charlotte, same as me. I live on the east side in a semi-rural wooded area. I don't do any regular treatments other then a spray around the baseboards in the kitchen and bathrooms. Do this 3 or 4 times a year as we get Those big brown german cockroaches. Especially in the late summer/early fall... I've been here for 34 years, feel free to PM me if
you have questions about the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back