more wear on right side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just rotated tires in my daughter's yaris. the previous owner put directional tires, so i can only rotate rear vs front. the tires have only little life left in them (at estimated 35000 miles, but not sure when tires were purchased), and right tires have slightly more wear, about 1 mm. the alignment is fine and the tires are wearing evenly otherwise. no problem with tire pressure either.
have you seen it before?

Perhaps the toe in is off slightly on the right side, and with directional tires, both tires have worn as they spent time on the front. Probably little wear when on the rear. I've had an alignment performed, only to find it was not really aligned on a recheck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Perhaps the vehicle was cornered faster when making right hand turns?

So the driver is going backwards?

These cars ( bottonm of the barrel ecobox) have a very sloppy inexpensive mac strut setup with out any substantial braking force reaction rods to pprevent N_S displacement of the lower ball joint due to road forces. If toe is OK, possibly a lower locating arm busing is torn internally or overly soft. You do tend to steer onto the crown CL so there is substantial slip angle (sideways scrubbing) when just travelling straight on a crowned road.
IS the excessive wear on the outside 2 inches?

how do you know the alignment is fine?

What is fine?

if its off a small amount but still in spec it could cause that wear easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back