Rental cars being low on fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I rent quite a bit, the only fluid I check is the fuel. Not my problem if they don't maintain their fleet. I'm usually renting from the airport and get to pick my car, so I usually try to find the lowest mileage/model I haven't rented from anyway.

Rental cars get nasty quick.

That they do....

Some rental car classes are worse than others. The classes of cars that typically get rented out on insurance rentals take the worst beatings.

These people know that they're only going to be in a rental car for X days, without any cost to them, and might never see a rental car again for years.

Therefore, they'll let their kid puke in it, they'll let their dog shed all over the place, they'll spill soda everywhere... and then just walk away from the mess that they created.

Then someone like me, who rents a lot for a living, is lucky enough to get the car that they trashed out.

Moral of the story... don't rent an intermediate/standard size car or smaller. Go at least to a full size.

^ You forgot to mention chain smoke in the car.
I rented a Hyundai Elantra recently that was essentially an ash tray; thick film on the windshield and all. It was trashed for a car with 14k miles. The floormats were missing and the carpet had a hole worn through it near the brake pedal.

Last edited:
"The California Appellate Court held in Flores vs. Enterprise Rent a Car, that a rental car company cannot be held liable for renting a car to someone with a pending DUI or prior DUI convictions. As long as they have a valid license at the time and are not impaired they are legally able to rent a vehicle to the person.

The California Vehicle Code does not require the Rental Car Company to do anything more than verify that the prospective driver has a valid license and is not showing signs of being under the influence at the time. Prior DUI convictions or a pending DUI case are not per se a reason to decline a rental. In many instances, the rent a car company will confirm the validity of the applicant's license with the DMV prior to releasing the car."

But, apparently you cannot drive into Canada.
if someone with DUI tries to drive into Canada, with a US DUI they will not be allowed as Canada considers DUI a crime for a US citizen that prevents them into Canada driving or someone other entrance...
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g153339-c49436/Canada:Dwi.Or.Dui.Driving.Convictions.html

(Both these I Googled, from 2013.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back