World Economic Collapse is imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Prepare? For what? You're got to be kidding....

There is NO way to prepare...unless you live by very few people....

No way? Now way at all? Are you sure about that?

I think I'll look at some threads from 2008 and see what kinds of meltdowns these guys were having then. I had just changed jobs and didn't have a lot of money to invest, but what I did has gained 300% since then. Whoop.

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
My family has lived in the same area for 10 generations. The first 6 didn't even need money. These collapse fears are just a by product of urban life. Hippies and farmers will be just fine.

Much, MUCH larger entitled element out there now than there was back than. They will come in droves to "take" your stuff. And you wont be able to stop them unless you organize a military style defense force.

Hyper inflation is absolutely coming. Question is, is it in our lifetime, 50 years, 100 years, 200 years? When does it happen?

Picture%202%20Ben%20Speach.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
I think I'll look at some threads from 2008 and see what kinds of meltdowns these guys were having then. I had just changed jobs and didn't have a lot of money to invest, but what I did has gained 300% since then. Whoop.

300% in 7 years is unsustainable, unless your name is Stan. You will have to give it back, partially. Don't get me wrong, I am all for your success, it's just an unrealistic rate of return. Count on 8 to 12 % annual return with equities. Some people can do it though: Jimmy Rogers, George Soros, Stan Druckenmiller, etc.

Improve yourself every day, invest in yourself, start your own business. Bill Gates beats them all..

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Much, MUCH larger entitled element out there now than there was back than. They will come in droves to "take" your stuff. And you wont be able to stop them unless you organize a military style defense force.

Correct, the unproductive element of the modern Society eats the productive core alive. That's what politicians figured out well: welfare trash as a locomotive of the history

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Yep. The elite are cashing out at the expense of the common man.

When the common man finally wakes up and sees that any form of government is the enemy of freedom and we don't need laws to know right from wrong only then will change occur.
A democracy is hillarious in itself. On a pre determined date the slaves get to choose who will oppress them giving them the false notion that they have a choice. When in reality there is no choice. They are all puppets to the corporations that fund them.
Democracy is genius when you consider the ruling elite has sold the population on the idea they are free. When the truth is they are slaves.
True freedom isn't granted by government. It's humanities unalienable right. But democracy is packaged and sold as freedom to people to dumb to see its just another form of slavery.
And the best part is the ruling elite has sold the slaves on the idea they Are free. And many will stand and defend that they live in a free country.
A free country that will imprison you if you disagree or speak out. A free country that uses the police to jail you for peaceful protests.
A free country that uses the irs to jail people for not paying,even though there was a Supreme Court justice that has said point blank that the personal taxation law wasn't ratified due to not enough states agreeing.
Not one irs case has found the defendant guilty in the Supreme Court. The irs refuses to produce the ratified law saying taxation is legal.
But yep. We are free.
That idea has been accepted and swallowed by the public who is to stupid to know the definition of freedom.
Until our oppressors are gone and these institutions have been raised to the ground no one is free.
And to believe otherwise is the equivalent of head buried in sand.
We don't need a huge government. Only government believes they are needed and sell the public on safety and security.
Who will keep you safe from those that keep you safe.
Don't give up your guns.

Interesting post Clevy.

But remember, the US is a "Representative Republic", not a Democracy.

It's ok, it's a VERY common misunderstanding.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Correct, the unproductive element of the modern Society eats the productive core alive. That's what politicians figured out well: welfare trash as a locomotive of the history

aka: FSA - Free Stuff Army

Part of the reason why I went Galt and retired early.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
O, My, Gloom and Doom!
I have been hearing about this "imminent economic collapse" for 40 years!

Will be buying more stock when I "guess" we are getting close to the bottom.
One day it will be true. No one could possibly believe the current situation can go on forever. The only reason the market is up is because we made up $4,500,000,000,000 to add to it. We're running deficits every year. Each year more regs to make those who are productive less productive. And so on. Only a crackpot wouldn't see any problem.

Rats...imminent economic collapse...

And I've only got 13,000 rounds of ammo stocked up....

Better go out and panic buy some more this morning!

Astro,

You and your Navy SEAL buddies can defend you resources (food, gasoline, medical supplies, hi powered gun / bullets, radio / satellite communication, ...etc....) while the rest of BITOG members live like zombies.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Astro,

You and your Navy SEAL buddies can defend you resources (food, gasoline, medical supplies, hi powered gun / bullets, radio / satellite communication, ...etc....) while the rest of BITOG members live like zombies.
wink.gif

Closer to the truth than you might imagine...

There's a fighter pilot next door (old friend from my first squadron), two SEALs in the houses across the street, and next door to them, the retired school principal just bought a Ruger to keep in her home...and Mrs. Astro, a Navy Captain who was taught to shoot as a LT when she was supporting Navy SPECWAR, took her Beretta to the range yesterday...

China's market tanked, Dow futures are down 500 points or so. Oil at 40 bucks or so.

Better bring in the tomato plants.

Was Ron Paul right in that video he put out??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Y_K
Originally Posted By: Bandito440

300% in 7 years is unsustainable, unless your name is Stan. You will have to give it back, partially. Don't get me wrong, I am all for your success, it's just an unrealistic rate of return. Count on 8 to 12 % annual return with equities. Some people can do it though: Jimmy Rogers, George Soros, Stan Druckenmiller.

You're absolutely right. I sold some stock in May and realized those kind of gains, but the stuff in my retirement account will remain. I don't expect any more than 8% annualized over the next 20 years, especially if China keeps messing with things.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Dow futures down 600...

Nasdaq futures down 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back