Red Light And Speed Camera Tickets.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else sick and tired of those red light camera??!!! It seem Chicago has them at 30% of all the intersections. It's a $100 ticket and if you don't pay doubles. I find it an invasion of privacy. It's also shown that these Red Light cameras INCREASE rear end collisions. I'm a pretty safe driver (exception for a couple of DUI's) and average about one Red Light ticket per year.

$320 in
08.gif

Does nothing but slow down traffic.

Just remember they MUST have a picture of YOU behind the wheel.

Without a photo of you behind the wheel it will not hold up in court... but many pay the ticket cause they KNOW they are guilty.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
It is a privacy issue when my wife opens up the ticket and finds out the location I was at.

Something about street walkers?

It was $590 in Hallandale, FL until they dropped the cameras over FL's ruling that a private company cannot conduct law enforcement.

It's not an invasion of privacy, it's police state activities.

vern, that doesn't matter. Whoever, owns the car receives the ticket.r2, in Chicago the police do very little traffic violations. I guess the police have more important things. 901, I was in the "wrong place at the wrong time".

I'm a pretty safe driver (exception for a couple of DUI's) and average about one Red Light ticket per year.

I actually LOL'ed!

What I don't like is that these 3rd party companies get huge money contracts with cities. In the Petersburg area they got a $14,000 a month contract. Guess what happened when people stopped running the lights as often?? The light time was shortened as to get more tickets. The city was losing money because if people paying more attention and the big money contact. No bueno. If we incentivise the government to do something underhanded to make money to cover the costs of a large contract then it is a very bad circumstance.

I hope that the OP days of duis are over. My father did this many many times when I was younger. I was 6 yrs old asking my dad why we were going into the ditches. Crazy he never hadca bad accident. Bad enough he drove many times by himself but not having the good sense to not do this with his child in the back seat was inexcusable. Not trying to give you a hard time about that but it is not something to be taken all too lightly.

Last edited:
They had them in Houston and took deactivated them or most of them. Too many accidents I think. I'm glad cause I'd rather speed up some and make it through then slam on my brakes with the boat behind me chirping my tires to get stopped. Or not being able to safely stop cause it's raining or whatever.

motor, I believe those monitor traffic flow. My city also has blue flashing light crime/shot spotter cameras in certain neighborhoods. They don't help much either.

motor, I believe those monitor traffic flow. My city also has blue flashing light crime/shot spotter cameras in certain neighborhoods. They don't help much either.

I thought it was for ambulances so they could change the lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back