Fuse cover broke off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to remove the EFI fuse to clear a DTC but it wouldn't come out and I ended up cracking the cover off. How can I get it out?
Thanks
fuse%2001.jpg

fuse%2002.jpg

Rolomoto, that's not a fuse; that's a relay and they be expensive. You probably cracked the cover using pliers of some kind. Just so you know, they actually make relay pulling pliers that can pull the relay without damaging it.

That is a starter relay. I would clean up the cover with a fine file, blow of all dust and put it back in the same orientation. Put the fuse box cover back on and do one of two things. 1. do not touch it again or 2.Take it to someone who knows what they are doing and have them replace the relay. Ed

It didn't "break off." You damaged it trying to remove it. Those Denso relays are made good enough that they don't just fall apart. You don't know enough to be doing anything to a vehicle. That's a relay Rolo.

Originally Posted By: Rolomoto
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into that android code puller.

Just be careful if you buy one different than the one I linked, there's not really anything cheaper that is better, the cheaper ones have major issues just look at the links description and pictures it includes some pictures of the knockoff models internals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back