Anyone used Auto Rx lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several years ago I got into the Auto RX flush craze, Seemed to be a well-documented effective product. Haven't thought of the product for a long time and wonder what success people have had with it.

I remember when everyone was using it but ive never used it myself. I see ester additives as being redundant when using an ester oil.

It's getting near that time for me to run another ARX treatment. I bought a case of 24(!) bottles about eight or nine years ago and still have a bunch left. My first experience with Auto-RX was certainly a good one hence the case purchase; your mileage may vary.

I did notice the last time I ARX'd my '95 Civic, that there wasn't much of anything left to remove; I've used LC20 since c. 2005 and synthetic oil since '04. I got the little tin-can wonder back in 2003 or so. It now has almost 180,000 miles on it and uses virtually zero oil.

I feel it is an outstanding product when used as directed. Too many try to short-cut the protocol and then voice their disappointment. Ed

I used it about a year ago because I found an old bottle in my basement since I had sold the car that I had originally purchased it for, I decided to use it on my car. My vehicle is easy on oil and has primarily had quality synthetic oil in it since I bought it new. So I didn't see any improvement from using it, but I also didn't expect it to do anything since I'm sure everything is clean in there.

I just put a bottle of Auto-RX (not Auto RX plus) into my Zx-2 w/ 77K. I noticed a bit of varnish thru the fill hole and I figured I'd use it since I had it.

I think A-RX works but there are less expensive ways to clean an engine....

I used my last bottle of ARX five years ago.
It does work and is probably worth the twenty or so bucks.
On vehicles we've bought new, there was never a need for it, since regular changes with synthetic oil keep an engine clean.

Originally Posted By: Crashbox
I bought a case of 24(!) bottles about eight or nine years ago and still have a bunch left.

I was waiting for our resident AutoRX hawker to post, but he seems to have gotten another vacation.
So, I gotta ask.....
Why did you buy so many bottles? Does the stuff actually work too well, or does one bottle not work? Or do you PLAN on buying all of your vehicles with engines that are so sludged that regular oil changes cannot help (slowly) clean out any deposits?

Originally Posted By: Kruse

I was waiting for our resident AutoRX hawker to post, but he seems to have gotten another vacation.
So, I gotta ask.....
Why did you buy so many bottles? Does the stuff actually work too well, or does one bottle not work? Or do you PLAN on buying all of your vehicles with engines that are so sludged that regular oil changes cannot help (slowly) clean out any deposits?

It worked well enough for me that I bought a case when Frank Miller had a case sale on Auto-RX several years ago. I consider it a long-term investment.

Back in the day when ARX was the "THING" here, I was banned for saying so many negative things about it.
shocked.gif

Shame on you BOF!! #1 Rule-->Keep your Negative Opinions / Thoughts / Views ! To Yourself! Nothing should be posted but Positive / Polite / Nice ! Comments

Let your Sensitive Side Out! LoL!

I used the product twice in my 01 7.3L PSD with 268K miles on her w/ 2 back to back 8K mile OCI.. Nothing positive too say about the product.

I bought 3 bottles. One to use in the car (as per the directions) and one to split across the Auto trans and P/S. I still have one bottle. I saw no change positive or negative on the car and a negative impact on my wallet.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Back in the day when ARX was the "THING" here, I was banned for saying so many negative things about it.
shocked.gif

Offending a sponser is not nice.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
shocked.gif

Offending a sponser is not nice.

You're correct. I had a week off to think about it.
grin.gif

Cleaned up and eliminated some tapping noises on our older model vehicle engines. One had 100,000 miles+ on it so it got the double treatment. So I'd say it works.

I discovered it during my lurker days here, and have been using it for a bit more than six years. My engines are clean, but I also run synthetic. It's not a controlled experiment - I can't say how my engines would be without Auto-Rx.

I gave some to a friend whose '03 Impala was experiencing rough shifting - it seemed to work well, and he's been adding it every few months as req'd. He's convinced it helps.

I have not mentioned it here before because of all the flak Auto-Rx users seem to take. I will continue to use it.

Originally Posted By: Revrick
Several years ago I got into the Auto RX flush craze, Seemed to be a well-documented effective product. Haven't thought of the product for a long time and wonder what success people have had with it.

I'm using it right now on a 7k OCI to fix a RMS leak. Auto-RX worked as advertised.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Shame on you BOF!! #1 Rule-->Keep your Negative Opinions / Thoughts / Views ! To Yourself! Nothing should be posted but Positive / Polite / Nice ! Comments

Let your Sensitive Side Out! LoL!

I used the product twice in my 01 7.3L PSD with 268K miles on her w/ 2 back to back 8K mile OCI.. Nothing positive too say about the product.

And coming to the additive section to bash additives is nothing but trolling and should not be accepted or tolerated on this board.

I'm running it now in a Saab 9-5 with Rotella T5. I plan to go about 4K miles with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back