Chevy Trailblazer Stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
The 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (105k miles) has stalled several times lately. Every time it has been when sitting in a parking lot and idling. The first time it was idling and I touched the gas pedal and it died. It fires right back up.

No check engine lights, has brand new spark plugs and a clean air filter.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Have you checked for Codes?

You usually won't get codes on the 4.2L with a dirty throttle body.

Your assuming it's the Throttle Body which it very well could be.

As others have said. Clean the throttle body. When it gets dirty on the 4.2 the symptom is stalling at idle. Cleaning the throttle body resolved this issue on my trailblazer.

when they say clean it, we mean disconnect the battery and take the whole TB off and clean the back of it as well. Clean out the little port for the purge canister too. Clean the MAF sensor while you are at it. I had this problem with around 40,000km and the dealer did it under warranty. I clean everything every 30 or more thousand.

Disconnecting the battery will allow the computer to reset and it will re-learn how to drive with a clean TB.

Ok I'll clean it and the MAF sensor this week and see how it does. It needed gas so just for the heck of it I filled it up with Shell 91 octane.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Ignition switch? That was a common complaint, stalling, then millions were recalled.
Well it doesn't just shut off, it stumbles before dying. It tries to save itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back