Turtle Wax Ice Tire Shine...the absolute WORST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Walmart and needed some tire shine, so I tried Turtle Wax Ice Tire Shine. Wow, this stuff is HORRIBLE! Its runs all over the place and its all milky looking!

This is hands down the worst tire shine I have ever used! Anyone else here ever tire it?

On the other hand, which is considered the best tire shine that goes on smooth and even with
no drips?

From Walmart the Surf City($10) or Stoners Trim Shine($6) is very good. Stoners Tarminator does a great job of cleaning the tires. That's what the high price detail place in NJ uses.

Last edited:
Dishdude,

I am not huge fan either, I just get in the mood sometimes to use it. I actually would prefer a matte finish more that a glossy shine.

Last edited:
Are you wanting a more matte/satin or a glossier/blacker?

My favorite is Eagle one tire shine gel. The more you use the more shine you get.

If you want a lot of reviews for tire shine, and other cleaning products try Acc0rd79's channel on youtube.

If you want a Aerosol, try the Meguiars hot wheels pretty good stuff too.

I picked up the TW Platinum line with wax at AAP awhile ago, 1/2 off the ridiculous list price . Not impressed at all, thin and runny, had to make multiple coats.Tires seems to have a brownish cast when the shine wears off after 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray works for me, best to let it sit overnight or longer
thumbsup2.gif

I am using the TW Ice now and have no complaints. Sure, it's not the best, but my lovely wife picked my a TW kit and the products are acceptable so I use them.

I use a cotton applicator, the ones typically designed for waxing. I clean the tires well before hand and then spray the applicator and wipe it on the tire. The cleaning is what really works, the thin layer of tire shine just adds a bit of smoothness to the finish.

I hear the TW Black stuff is the cats meow. I have their Jet Black trim dressing and love it. In fact I just did the rear diffuser and the cowel on my Solstice tonight. A little tough to get even coverage on large pieces however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back