New Used Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought car in sig, runs amazing. Main questions are:

Is the ACDelco PF47E filter suitable for 5000 mile changes?

This is my first GM American car, and I want to use the best parts as possible, mainly ACD parts, plugs, wires, filters.

Also I plan on using Pennzoil/Quaker State, sound like a plan?

I wouldn't use the PF47E (ecore). I'd swing by a parts chain and pick up a PF47 (sometimes called a PF47 "classic"),or maybe pick one up at the GM dealership.

Your Regal has an OLM which will automatically pick out an appropriate OCI for you. That said, there is nothing wrong with Pennzoil or Quaker State, along with any decent oil filter.

For the AC Delco parts, make sure you choose "GM Original Equipment" and not "professional" or "advantage."

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Supercharged 3800 ?

The "LS" Regal has the non-supercharged (L36) 3800 in those years.

Don't put no PF47E on that Buick 3800! That would be a travesty.

Get you some SuperTech Full Synthetic 10W-30 and a FRAM XG3387A at Walmart.

Put the whole 5-quart bottle in there! Don't you 4.5 me!

I was looking over the carfax and the last time the air filter was changed was 100,000 miles ago around 35k. When I took it out it didn't look very bad at all but changed it anyway with a new Fram.

All I need to do now is clean the throttle body and unplug the battery for a while. I'm almost done running a full tank of additech ($14.99 car size 20oz option) from the murphys Walmart station through it. Runs fantastic

Besides that I'm going to have the headlights cleaned and new bulbs.

I really like driving this car slow because I get to listen to the exhaust but also like driving it fast to hear my v6 roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back