Bring Back The Clear Bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would like it if Quaker State would bring back their clear bottles. Does anyone know why they stopped using them? Also, what would it take to get them to bring them back?

Dunno when they quit using em' but I have like 60 quarts of QS 4x4 and "torque" and Q Horsepower thanks to Autozone that I'm still using up. No problems with clear bottles also

I would like some of all of that. You should sell some to me.
smile.gif

I liked the clear bottles myself, but I've wondered about their cost. I suspect the SOPUS bean counters had something to do with it.

Please don't bring back the clear bottle!!
shocked2.gif

The clear bottle is way too suggestive and seductive.

I feel like I need to cover the bottle up with my handkerchief.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Please don't bring back the clear bottle!!
shocked2.gif

The clear bottle is way too suggestive and seductive.

I feel like I need to cover the bottle up with my handkerchief.

Now that is funny.

i swore off buying oil in a clear bottle after working at K-mart and helping out in the auto department.

all products get stocked from back to front, with the oldest product up front. the quaker state in the clear bottles wasn't a hot seller so it took a long time before it needed to be restocked.

after 6 months, i finally put some out and all the bottles in front were noticeably darker than the bottles i took out of the box.

yeah yeah yeah ... color means nothing ... but sitting under the UV from the florescent lights 24/7 for 6 months did *something* (yes, they never shut the lights off - cleaning crew at night)

if you buy oil in a clear bottle, make sure to grab it from the back so you get the new stuff, or ask them if they have a box.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Very seriously submitted: why?

Probably because this is an open forum where you can post what you choose regarding oil, filters, etc. As is should be.

I figured it had something to do with contract negotiations involving QS and the company who produced the bottles. I noticed the clear bottles have an italic "P" on the bottom of the bottle, so maybe Plasti-Pak? The green, red, and gold bottles have a "G", and I can't recall which company that is. I love those clear bottles, as I really like that you can see the product before buying.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Very seriously submitted: why?

Probably because this is an open forum where you can post what you choose regarding oil, filters, etc. As is should be.

You must have missed the 'seriously' part. The OP wants them back and, this being an open forum, as you've pointed out, I asked why.

To answer your question specifically, I just really like those bottles. I thought it was good marketing, and I really like seeing the oil. They are also convenient for doing visual cold flow test.
smile.gif

Red91: I had some of the ST synthetic that was in the clear see thru bottles from few years back. I still have the empties somewhere
34.gif

I believe, from what I've read, that at that time ST was rebottled QS. I have 12 quarts of QSUD 5W-30 from 2011. I'm going to run 10 quarts as two oil changes in my Cruze, and keep two quarts in my QS collection.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back