starfire tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading online and found this. Anyone know much about these. Their warranty is kind of intriguing.

Starfire Tires commitment to safety and quality is absolutely paramount. So much so, Starfire Tires provide all tyres with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty.

This is a peace of mind warranty that covers the original purchaser of Starfire Tires from any manufacturing defaults in workmanship or materials. If the tyre is unserviceable due to these conditions you will have your tyre replaced at no charge to you. Now you have a tyre that is not only tested thoroughly for performance and safety but also backed up with a Nationwide Lifetime Replacement Warranty.

S

Last I heard it's been years but they are Cooper made value line. They were previously Asian made but I heard they came back to USA... Not sure it's been at least 5 years since I've seen them discussed.

uh so its a basic tire warranty everyone else has?

Quote:
What is not covered?

This warranty does not cover tyres that become unservicable due to:

1. Conditions resulting from road hazards, suchs as cuts, snags, impact damage or punctures.

2. Conditions resulting from improper installation, wheel misalignment, or tyre/wheel assemby imbalance.

3. Conditions resulting from consumer damage, such as improper tyre and vehicle maintenance, misuse, abuse or accident.

4. Passenger car tyres used in any commercial application.

5. Ride complaints after the first 1mm tread wear.

6. Ozone or weather cracking on tyre over four (4) years from date of purchase.

7. Tyres that are worn to 1.6mm tread depth or more than 72 months old (based on date or purchase) whichever comes first.

I believe they are imported Coopers. What about Mastercraft? I believe those are US made Coopers - I've used them in the past and always thought they were an excellent value.

crackmeup2.gif
still Chinese [censored].

Get real tires. What size do you need? What speed rating?

Originally Posted By: expat
Iteresting they spell the word Tyre.

They're trying to give it an Australian vibe. Kind of like Abercrombie's brands' made-up company history, like Hollister and Gilly Hicks.

Yes, get better tires. I'm getting 4 new tires for the Camry in 2 weeks during Discount Tire's Labor Day Sale. I'll prove it out for me below:

4 General Altimax RT43 tires - $77 each, $308 for 4.
Environmental Fee - $6.00
Installation & Balancing - $64
4 Road Hazard Warranty Certificates - $56
Tax - $36
Total - $470

Buying 4 "Better" tires is a $75 mail in rebate
Using Discount Tire Credit Card is $60 mail in rebate
General Tire $50 mail in rebate

Total after rebates is $285 for awesome tires and warranties. Of course you don't have to get warranties and it would have been like $225 out the door.

General Altimax RT43 tires are $81 each in your size.

So $16 more than what I listed above for my car would be your price.

Except tax in Missouri is half of Arizona's

You'll be much happier with the real Cooper tires. The CS5 are awesome but you might be able to score some deals on the older but still great CS4 or CS3 tires

I had Starfire SF340 tires on all four corners of my old Saturn. For what's worth they were an all around average tire. There was nothing horrible or excellent about them except that they were round and rotated as you went down the road.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
crackmeup2.gif

Please describe in detail your bad experience with Starfire tires. Be specific.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
crackmeup2.gif

Unless it's a made in USA Michelin (only exception is RT43), it's a garbage tire according to many on here.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
crackmeup2.gif

Unless it's a made in USA Michelin (only exception is RT43), it's a garbage tire according to many on here.

Really? You're the first one to bring up Michelin in this thread.

Like a lot of threads on here, the answer is < insert favorite tire of the moment "is the best choice" >. The answer is rarely not application and 'tire for that application' specific.

Is it going on the Focus in your signature or another vehicle? You seem to be looking at budget tires so the question might be "what are you looking to spend?" What kind of tire are you looking for in terms of performance, ride quality, wet traction...will it make you go crazy if it's make in Thailand versus Korea??, etc.

You might be better served if you don't throw out "Are Starfire or Mung Bung tires good??" but something like "What are the best value tires in x category?"" Some on here might know...some on here will answer RT43 and Cooper CS5 before they even know it's for an SUV.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
Cooper Tires lower tier brand. Not bad for the intended use, but you get what you pay for.

My uncle has a set of them on his 2wd GMC sonoma. It is a dump runner and rarely gets used. Perfect/Cheap tire for what he uses it for

I've got a set made in 2012 on my Focus. They came with it. In the dry they are fine, they feel sort of like they have snow tire construction, but all season tread.
In the wet they are now a joke, a semi hard shift into 4th can set them off spinning with 136hp of fury...
I did drive them in 1/2" of snow once too, which was comical compared to real snow tires.
Anyways, if you live somewhere without rain or snow, and want a smooth quietish ride for cheap, I guess they are fine. They must have nearly 50k miles on them and aren't close to the wear bars.
They would be a good tire to put on a car to sell, except for the name, a cheap tire of a known name would be better for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back