Ccleaner question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at the field where Cookies are recorded, I see nothing on the left side (computer cookies recorded) and on the right side I see *.* and *.pirform only. There is also a system of arrows which allow one to keep some cookies as permanent so they are not removed during cleaning. I used to acquire a large number of cookies that showed up on the left side and now there are no cookies ever. Weird and I don't understand this. Anyone have a plausible explanation? Thank you.. Ed Hayes

Are you talking about the cookies subsection under options?

try removing *.* from the right (cookies to keep) as that *.* is a wildcard that stands for everything. *.piriform.com is ccleaner's website. It's probably not showing anything on the left (cookies to delete) since *.* is on the right.

Last edited:
CCleaner will ask you if you want to "Smart Scan" for cookies to websites you frequent.

If you select this, it won't wipe out form data of forums or sites you visit where you have to login. It will also remember every misspelling or any entry you enter.

Yes my computer is set to accept cookies as I have set the Options in Privacy to default. BlitzPuppet: Does that mean that ALL cookies are now saved during a scan? Thank you all and especially BlitzPuppet. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back