Does the bottle tell the story ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
e2bk4.jpg

bevqc2.jpg

yeah i noticed that one a few years back..but on Meijer Brand Oil, which is made by one of the Warrens.

that bottle is made by Plastipak, a little ways south of here. they also make bottles for soda, bbq sauce, and all the Procter & Gamble Liquid Laundry products sold in the continental US(if you buy Tide, Gain, etc liquids in the lower 48, there is a greater than 99% probability it was bottled here in Lima, OH, and the Bottle was made by plastipak, in Jackson Center, OH)

now that Meijer is transitioning their house brand auto chemicals to the AutoQuest brand, the new jugs are different, and have the Warren Logo right in the Mold, above the label.(watch for similar changes to that pictured O'Reilly oil if my gut feeling holds true..)

Wow, timely post. Just got a fram ultra filter for the excursion and was going to go with 10,000 mile OCI this time. Was wondering what 5w20 oil to use. Luckily I have a bottle of round up in the garage. Will keep you guys posted with the results.

I've heard Roundup is really rebottled Amsoil. So you can go 15k miles severe service and 25k mies for easy service
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The viscosity of Roundup is approximately 0w4

My late uncle once told me a story of a guy putting weedspray in a crankcase by mistake, probably 2,4-D, since the time period predated Roundup. Maybe it had a bottle like the once in the thread.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Does the bottle tell the story ?

It might tell you that the packaging was purchased from the same supplier. When I go shopping and walk down the canned goods aisle, the canned corn and canned peaches are in cans that look strikingly similar. That doesn't mean the product in them is the same.

Originally Posted By: car51
Merkava: ConocoPhillips Phillips makes UNION 76 oil. End of discussion

Yes but is UNION 76 Synthetic Blend and Motorcraft Synthetic Blend the same recipe?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back