DOW is taking a slide....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUch! Down 500 points as of 4pm.

With what seems to be a slowdown in China, wonder if it will keep sliding....

I am glad that my 401k is only about 45% us stock. Too old to recover from a long downturn,it would make me very nervous. Good buy opportunity though.

The stock market always cycles as do house prices and other Commodities. The economy sucks big time. Who we elect into political offices has consequences.

The stock market has had seven 5% corrections since the bottom in March 2009. There's been a lot of Mothers cited during that period but somehow it moved higher in five of those corrections.

It ain't good but my guess is we'll have a few more days of this and it will stabilize with a bounce. It remains to be seen ( because of the overall economic climate ) if this particular market will go higher again and/or if this is just a variation on the volatility theme that oversells the market(s).

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
overall trendline is still up, relax, stay invested, or buy more because it's all on sale!
Buy high. Sell low !!!!

Originally Posted By: CT8
The stock market always cycles as do house prices and other Commodities. The economy sucks big time. Who we elect into political offices has consequences.
Who is in charge of the Fed is important.

So you buy the whole market. Buy a low fee S&P500 index.

I know I don't have the info. In fact, 75% of the so-called experts can't beat the index.

So trying to figure which 20-25% can is the gamble.

Buying the index is like being the house.

That's the way I see it.

If you don't need the money today, then you didn't lose any money today.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The market is a zero-sum game where investors like us don't have all the information necessary and certainly no advance information.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The market is a zero-sum game where investors like us don't have all the information necessary and certainly no advance information.
A fine observation. The insiders were ready for this and are now shorting in advance of the next upturn.

Dummies sell on days like this. Smart retail investors buy index funds on down days like this when stocks are on sale. Always try to buy when the market is on a down day - this is for money you can invest for the long term (5+ years). Never put any new money into the market that you will need in next 3-5 years.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
the Mother of All Corrections has been commenced

Today is a good day to buy!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Y_K
the Mother of All Corrections has been commenced

Today is a good day to buy!
smile.gif

Maybe, but more likely anyone buying today will be catching a falling knife. I think this market correction still has room to drop.

I wish the optimists are correct and lucky. The Sep SP futures ended beyond pitifully weak. Copper has been bearish for quite some time now. The only hopes are on Twitter and FED intervention.

Interventions don't last.
Ask Mrs Watanabe, she learned this hard way..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back