Road hazard warranty..Is it worth it to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: si_jeff
It was worth it for me this year, I bought 4 set of Continental ExtremeConcact DW summer tires a few months back, after a week of install, I hit a pothole and the left tire developed a sidewall bubble, I though I was out of luck, I contacted DTD by chat and they were quick to offer me the road hazard package even after I bought the tires already. I paid the road hazard protection and they sent me 2 new front tires. I could not believe they sent me 2 tires for replacement. I now have an extra tire brand new sitting in my garage. BTW, just to note that continental tires tend to have softer sidewalls than other tires.

as of feb1, Continental tires come with 12month or 2/32s free road hazard now; so if DTD made you pay for road hazard, it is possible you may have paid for something that Continental already covered you for.

Last edited:
I think its worth it if you have a kid in college that might be away from home. I did buy the extra road hazard for my sons car.

Originally Posted By: si_jeff
It was worth it for me this year, I bought 4 set of Continental ExtremeConcact DW summer tires a few months back, after a week of install, I hit a pothole and the left tire developed a sidewall bubble, I though I was out of luck, I contacted DTD by chat and they were quick to offer me the road hazard package even after I bought the tires already.

You got duped a tad by DTD phone rep looking to make a buck on you. Continental offers a 2/32" road hazard warranty as I cashed in that with ruined Conti DWS 1 month past purchase. It was replaced free on my Subaru although I did pay $10 for the mount/dismount/balance.

This was 5 years ago and I believe warranty remains the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back