Crc intake cleaner in a can. And techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2012 veloster had a knock around 2000 rpm under load so I changed my oil last week and put techron complete cleaner in the tank. Ran it empty and ran the CRC intake valve cleaner.I just put another bottle of techron in and filled up. I'm thinking about changing my oil again after this tank of fuel. Pp5w30 team ultra. Hate to dump the oil with only 600 miles on it but I wanna be safe. Any thoughts if its a good idea to do so

I've honestly never had an intake cleaner foul my oil. UOA's don't seem to notice any difference except perhaps for a slight uptick in lead from the contents. Not hazardous to the engine.

From what I've read in the past, yeah, go ahead and change it because of the solvents that are used. That said, I have zero personal knowledge with this.

I would not change the oil. Any of the solvents will burn off quickly and the remainder will be blown out the exhaust. What little might remain in the oil is probably only in parts- per million or billion. Run your normal OCI. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I would not change the oil. Any of the solvents will burn off quickly and the remainder will be blown out the exhaust. What little might remain in the oil is probably only in parts- per million or billion. Run your normal OCI. Ed

+1

Dont waste perfectly good oil!

+1
Modern computer controlled engines don't run rich enough to have significant issues of which you speak.
I'd run a normal 10k mile oci with that oil no problem. With a modern car you could run techron every tank and I doubt it'd show up in an uoa.

I always change at 3,750 miles. Di engine and short trips now that I'm in Maui.

Yeah I was just nervous about two tank fulls of techron and the CRC stuff through the intake. A lot of people hear always wait till the end of oil change before running any of that stuff.

Also i really don't think the CRC stuff did much of anything. After letting the valves soak for an hour I drove the car and got on it a little bit but it really only puffed some smoke right at first. I proceeded to drive for 15 miles in fourth gear and held my rpms at 3,200. Italian tune up some say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back