We all drink Becks beer, RIGHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
A class action suit was brought against Beck’s, saying that Anheuser-Busch InBev fooled customers into thinking Beck’s was an authentic German beer.. The court sided with the plaintiffs and preliminarily approved a settlement that would allow Beck’s drinkers to claim a refund of up to $50 for beers purchased since 2011. $12 to those without proof of purchase.

A final approval hearing will take place in the fall.

After that formality there will be an online application of some kind. That’s all I know right now.

Last edited:
I recently found out that some Mentos are now made by Perfetti Van Melle in Shenzen, China and no longer in the Netherlands. I should sue for 10 meeellion dollars.

Originally Posted By: car51
.......I'll stick with my Pabst Blue Ribbon......

Great choice for a domestic.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: R80RS
.......I'll stick with my Pabst Blue Ribbon......

Great choice for a domestic.
11.gif

I assume it goes well with your candlestick phone, handlebar moustache, and Volvo 240?

grin.gif

No thanks, I'll stick with my Pabst Blue Ribbon and GENNESEE Cream Ale

Your from my neck of the woods?!?!

Originally Posted By: Kira
A restaurant near us includes descriptions of its many beers.

For Pabst Blue Ribbon it merely says, "Your father drank it, now it's your turn!" Kira

I liked a nice Porter myself but, I have stopped drinking alcohol all together!

Believe it or not they thought is wouldn't be a big deal because german auto companies still sell cars manufactured in the US.

Weihenstephaner is my choice.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Cold Pabst Blue Ribbon with a touch of salt..........Mmmm good.

Except its made under contract by Miller. Pabst closed their breweries many years ago and gave the contract to Miller. But I heard Pabst may open their own small brewery in Milwaukee soon.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Believe it or not they thought is wouldn't be a big deal because german auto companies still sell cars manufactured in the US.

Weihenstephaner is my choice.

It's the "reinheitsgebot" purity law, which is the centuries old law requiring that beer only be made with: Hops, barley and water (and was amended a century or two ago when yeast was discovered). So basically no corn (ie, Miller/Coors products), or rice (ie, Budweiser), or HFCS, or preservatives, or anything else. Just hops, barley, water and yeast.

It is pretty sad when a big league company that supposedly values its customers, jilts them by downright deception. People by a Japanese beer because they believe it was produced there. To put in tiny print that it was made in some other country is intolerable.

Kind of like Apple with billions in CASH at first wanted to play songs under its new program without bothering to pay those who wrote and sang them. As she slammed them for doing that she mentioned that Apple doesn't give away their products so why should artists be dumped on. American companies need to get their moral compasses re-adjusted or they will turn off customers big time. No wonder people flock to small brewers. At least those folks play an honest game.

Cost cutting takes priority over everything, including the employees and selling beer, AB used to be the most admired company in St Louis to work for. Now no one from the area wants to work there. That should tell you something.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Growing up in Central NY, I have never had Gennesee or FX Matt ...

Why not Guinness xtra stout in bottles that is brewed in Canada - I think - and it says: " tradition, brewed, Dublin- all over the 6 pack carton graphics.

Last edited:

I am!
Genesee (S)cream Ale was the first beer I ever tried. We drank many in my teen years. We called the "The Scream" for what you did in the bathroom the next day after a night of drinking pounders of GCA. I still enjoy one or two now and then.
What cracks me up these days is the fact that Genesee, our little regional brewery is a contract brewer for a number of high end beers including Sam Adams and most recently Labatt. The last Labatt 50 Ale I purchased had "brewed in Rochester NY". in small print on the label.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
A restaurant near us includes descriptions of its many beers.

For Pabst Blue Ribbon it merely says, "Your father drank it, now it's your turn!" Kira

I liked a nice Porter myself but, I have stopped drinking alcohol all together!

I don't drink anymore, either. I don't drink any less....But not any more.

I prefer chewie Portes and Stouts. Some hearty ales. But you can keep your Bud, Pabst and Coors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back