2016 Prius to debut in Vegas September 8!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier than expected!

Toyota Motor Corp. will reveal the first redesign of the Prius in almost seven years in Las Vegas next month, wagering that new looks can revive demand for its top-selling hybrid.

The 2016 Prius will be shown to media on Sept. 8, spokesman Ryo Sakai said by phone. He declined to comment on when the company will start production or sales of the updated model.

Toyota’s last revamp in 2009 made Prius the first hybrid to have mainstream success. Annual sales doubled within in its first full year on the market, peaking at 509,399 deliveries in 2010.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150819...09-in-las-vegas

Haters gonna hate, hehe, If you're into horse power check out the new 'Vettes. It's kind of like comparing a jet fighter to a glider. To each his own. Some like the power of a jet fighter. Some like the natural beauty of a glider. Whatever your preferences, all the power to you. The new Prius hopefully will have a lithium battery along with a little extra juice...

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
Two words : Who cares? Lol

The answer is, someone does. Look at the sales numbers and repeat customers. Not everyone wants a high horsepower, fast vehicle. A lot of negative opinions come from those that have never owned one but appear to know everything.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I hope it doesn't have the fang grille thing like the other Toyotas have.

Indeed, Toyota's latest styling (even more so on Lexus models) is ugly to me.

If you want a Prius and don't want the ugly grill then it will soon be a good time to buy a 2015.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

That was two words and an acronym.

If we're being correct, it was technically an initialism. Both are types of abbreviations.

An acronym is an abbreviation that is used and pronounced as a word. Such as NASA or NATO (or even BITOG, if you pronounce it bye-tog).
An initialism is an abbreviation where each letter is pronounced separately, as in LOL or CPU.

To the OP, thanks for posting. The Prius has many loyal followers, and I'm sure many are eager to see the changes. I've always enjoyed hybrids' use of technology in the powertrain.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

The answer is, someone does. Look at the sales numbers and repeat customers. Not everyone wants a high horsepower, fast vehicle. A lot of negative opinions come from those that have never owned one but appear to know everything.

From an engineering achievement standpoint, the Prius is awesome. Its more reliable than most other vehicles while packing both an IC engine and motor-electronics out the wazoo. Energy efficiency is incredible in that vehicle of course, and that is exciting, the ability to do chemical-to-kinetic energy conversion efficiently.

What many people have to understand is that every car is optimized or compromised (usually) to be good at certain things. A Dodge Hellcat is one end of the spectrum, and an achievement, yet another thing is handling, while another goal might be quietness/ride quality, and of course the Prius is a tour-de-force of energy conversion efficiency. Some vehicles do everything sort-of well, and others like Corvettes are really only good for racing type stuff.

Prius ranks right up there with Subarus here on BITOG. You will get no love here.

However-if you have a 10 year old Crown Victoria you will get plenty of accolades.

The Prius has been a successful auto for Toyota. The vehicle is at the whim of fuel prices as are other cars in the same category.

Last edited:
I like the fact that the Prius does not have a CVT. It's a planetary transmission that never shifts gears, has no friction devices and no reverse. Simple is good.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Make a Prius minitruck and i'l get excited.

I would be seriously interested in a hybrid Tacoma.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Make a Prius minitruck and i'l get excited.

If I was better at Photoshop, I could create a "Prius Redneck", Toyota's designation for the lifted 4wd extended-cab version that they are just not creative enough to make.... Lift kit and BFGoodrich All-Terrain TAs on there, add a grill guard, a Git-R-Done ballcap, fake testicles hangin' from the hitch, and you've got a Prius everybody could love.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

An acronym is an abbreviation that is used and pronounced as a word. Such as NASA or NATO (or even BITOG, if you pronounce it bye-tog).
An initialism is an abbreviation where each letter is pronounced separately, as in LOL or CPU.

i always thought of this place as bit-og...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back