FRAM ULTRA filter fibers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone noticed white fibers on their filter? Any cause for concern? Would not the loose fibers be filtered? If I should be concerned does anyone know a filter with synthetic media that they have never seen any debris? TIA

I've never noticed white fibers on the outside of the base of the Ultras I've used. Clean them off and use it as long as there is nothing inside the center tube area ... should be fine.

Look down the center tube with a strong flashlight and see if there is any debris/fibers inside the center tube. If no debris in the center tube, then just clean off the base plate and you should be good to go.

I am a member at iATN as well. Looking at your profile and location makes me wonder if you are Kevin Mac...? I did not spell out the entire last name. Thanks for your timely response.

Anybody notice that ZeeOSix is the first one to answer these Fram Ultra threads?
grin2.gif

Timing is everything! You should be an Ultra expert soon since you've now made the switch.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 229
I am a member at iATN as well. Looking at your profile and location makes me wonder if you are Kevin Mac...? I did not spell out the entire last name. Thanks for your timely response.

Nope ... not him.

The box is made from white cardboard and the base end is not sealed and rubs on the box. Some filter brands seal the end with plastic, all should. Nothing on the ones I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back