OEM Fuel filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking it is about time for a new fuel filter, as it seems to have power issues off and on, (thinking a partly/clogged fuel filter) mostly off of a light in city driving-plus injection cleaner fixes the issue for a little while....

I've been told when it comes to fuel filters (at least for GM), it's best to go with Delco due to them being thicker and better built. Have a Puro on there now, so I'm thinking it is about due.

Would it be smart to just get a Delco, or try maybe a fram or Wix?

My gut tells me AC-DELCO puts their name on good filters. I have NO SCIENCE to back that up.

WIX, Hastings, MANN, Hengst, OE Toyota, OE Honda and Motorcraft are also names I'd trust. Same criteria.

I bought a Made in USA Champ fuel filter from Ebay(5.75 shipped), and it looks just like the ACDelco that it replaced on my vehicle.

Are you getting a CIL for fuel pressure? The latest single pipe ECU regulated pump systems don't dirty up the filter very fast.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Are you getting a CIL for fuel pressure? The latest single pipe ECU regulated pump systems don't dirty up the filter very fast.

Nope...after the thermostat replacement, no CELs at all.

If it's not the filter, then it might need a much deeper cleaning than a bottle of injection cleaner....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back