Another interesting find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt and late uncle have relatives in Indiana Counry/Homer City PA. This was in my aunts belated husbands storage locker near Homer City. I am going to have this laminated and keep it to show my nephews someday. The year on the report card was 1918-19 also.

Enjoy!

63ta1d.jpg

nlzrzq.jpg

261eqg1.jpg

Thanks and I was shocked that this for being 100 years is still in good shape. I'm trying to find some ancestors as I don't want fame or money for it. Be glad if I could return it to the relatives

That is cool! I had to Google deportment - can't say I've ever heard or used that word!

Originally Posted By: Shannow
IMG_20150821_134020_edit_1440128701769.jpg

You get an A for beautiful penmanship! I write like a doctor.

I've got 4(?) different writings depending on whose in charge on the day.

"Normal" looks like (to quote Mrs Lambert) two ink dipped spiders fighting over their territory...then there's big and little capitals for leaving notes, then there's proper engineering drawing type.

Cursive slows me down, relaxes me. Been doing it intentionally for a couple of months now.

My year 5 teacher told me my handwriting looked like a headless chicken had strolled through an ink well and across my page. I thought it was most unkind until the day I realised I was using context to interpret my own writing.

I wish I'd learned to write correctly. I take several hundred or so pages of notes per year, and have a shelf full of books that I really have to concentrate to get useful information out of.

My cursive handwriting never got very fluent. I started printing everything during Grade 10. That helped later when I did drafting courses.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I've got 4(?) different writings depending on whose in charge on the day.

"Normal" looks like (to quote Mrs Lambert) two ink dipped spiders fighting over their territory...then there's big and little capitals for leaving notes, then there's proper engineering drawing type.

Cursive slows me down, relaxes me. Been doing it intentionally for a couple of months now.

+1

Realised the other day my regular writing is irregular as all getout.

once i switch to cursive we were forced to write (only) in grades 3 to 7, it turns very regular. still takes a bit of practice to get everything just right. Your style of cursive is exactly what I was taught.

Back on topic once again; I was able to locate and look up 2 great grandchildren and return this report card to them. Felt it was right, best thing I could do
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back