Old oil can

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning I was redding up a bunch of stuff from aunts garage and stumbled across this old oil can. Don't know what I'll do with it, maybe just hold onto it. It's full and from the 70's I see.

2jbh8g.jpg

2ym678o.jpg

2w3vvr6.jpg

Originally Posted By: car51
So this morning I was redding up a bunch of stuff from aunts garage and stumbled across this old oil can. Don't know what I'll do with it, maybe just hold onto it. It's full and from the 70's I see.

2jbh8g.jpg

2ym678o.jpg

2w3vvr6.jpg

Pittsburghese?
Have you been to Jynt Iggle lately?

****UPDATE*****. Just got done helping my real father; do some aluminum welding and sheet metal fabrication. He had 8-10 and probably more in his attic some Pennzoil HD-40. With "Z-7". Gave me all of this and this EMBLEM and UNITED quart. The one top of the can says "20w20w" also for anyone wondering.

28mg1s7.jpg

jsde9x.jpg

nybprl.jpg

1tagls.jpg

2n3gk2.jpg

2po4if4.jpg

This is his garage, it used to be a house built of stone in the 19 teens also. My grandfather was raised in this building then my father and him turned it into a garage.

Meant "cleaning up". Giant eagle is 18-20 minutes from me

Worked with a bunch of Pittsburgh guys (Carnegie-Mellon graduates) and they talked about hearing "redd up your room!" from their folks all the time as kids.
One guy swore that it was Jynt Iggle and another insisted it was Jint Iggle (long and short I's)...thought they were going to get physical over it. Wasn't white bread called Jumbo?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Worked with a bunch of Pittsburgh guys (Carnegie-Mellon graduates) and they talked about hearing "redd up your room!" from their folks all the time as kids.
One guy swore that it was Jynt Iggle and another insisted it was Jint Iggle (long and short I's)...thought they were going to get physical over it. Wasn't white bread called Jumbo?

Sounds like a couple of yinzers.

Oh man. I bet this stuff would be delicious with Fireball.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the pics. Vintage oil cans as well as beer cans make great collectors pieces IMO.

DLundblad; I haven't found any vintage beer cans YET! LOL! Who knows what's in my dads basement of his circa 1970 era house

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Meant "cleaning up". Giant eagle is 18-20 minutes from me

My family is from Western PA. They all say chimney "chimley".

We say chimney around here ;-)

Yeah but when you go to Giant Eagles I am sure you get a buggy to push around the store
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back